♠ CHAPTER NINE ♠

~•Delight Johnson•~

"This is it!" I confessed loudly, before sliding a piece of paper into a brown envelope. I put the brown envelope in my school bag. I threw the bag on my back and skipped out of the empty classroom. I padded through the lonely corridor with one place at the back of my mind. The cafeteria. She had to be there, she can't be anywhere else, not when it's lunch break.

I pushed the glass door leading to the cafeteria, open. My presence caught only a quarter of the attention I used to have when I moved with Fenix. A sigh escaped my lips.

My eyes wandered the eating hall, trying to find her. After the short eyes searching, I spotted her, three tables behind Fenix's usual table. I moved towards that direction, dragging my feet on the tiles. I'm afraid of what might happen, what Margaret would say, once she finds out what this is about.

I stopped by the table, taking a deep breath. My mouth opened, but the words refused to come out. My brain made matters worse by creating the worst case scenario that could occur.

You could get slapped.

You could get humiliated.

You could be ignored.

Stand your ground, Delight.

"What is wrong with you?" A harsh masculine voice snapped me out of my thought. All eyes at the table fell on me, making it difficult to pick out the person that yelled at me.

"Delight! What do you want?" Margaret's tone came out rudely, making me rethink our friendship.

At least that's what I thought it was.

"What's your problem girl? She asked a question and the best you could do is go mute!" A boy at the table hissed at me. He looked very familiar.

Oh yes! SS3D. Bunch of arrogant dummies. I'm a hundred and one percent sure he's the dude who shouted at me earlier.

"Margaret, can we talk?" My request reflected as a plea more than it did as a request. Margaret chuckled at my request, making my body tense up with anger.

"I want to believe you're not blind Delight. As you can see, we're in the middle of a conversation. If you don't mind, excuse us" another boy waved me off with his hand. Others at the table agreed with this boy nodding their heads.

"It's about Mrs Chinedu" I blurted. Margaret looked up at me, her facials morphed into confusion.

"What about her?" Margaret tried to stand on her feet, but she fell back. The bad leg was really taking it's toll on her. A smirk found it's way to my face, seeing Margaret in pain gave me so joy.

"We can't talk here" I eyed the boys at the table furiously. Margaret appeared to be analysing my statement by the look on her face.

"C'mon, help me up" she said, sighing afterwards. Her tone was extremely polite.

Shocking huh?

I stretched my hand to her, she gripped it tightly, allowing me to pull her up.

"This better be good" Margaret said, under her breath, making me gulp. Her enraged voice killed my confidence, swamping me with fear, again.

••••♥••••

I strode into Mrs Chinedu's office, through the opened door and Margaret limped behind me, cause she couldn't keep up with my pace. Noticing our presence in the room, Mrs Chinedu lifted her head, gazing at me and Margaret through her glasses.