♦28♦

~•Margaret Wilson•~

The bell rings, signalling the end of this period and the genesis of lunch break. The two hour literature class is finally over.

"...that will be all for today. Don't forget to read Second Class Citizen by Buchi Emecheta as your test question will be coined from that novel" Mrs Anastasia, the literature teacher announced to the class

"Ohhhhh!"

"Ma now!"

"I'm tired abeg!"

"My decision is finally!" With that said, Mrs Anastasia marched out of the class.

I close my book angrily, flinging it off my desk. My attention is drawn to a piece of paper that flew out of my note book. A girl picked it up, pointing it at me.

"I think this is yours" Zyra said.

"Oh, thanks" I take the paper out of her hand, with a smile on my face.

I stare at the contents in the piece of paper Zyra handed to me.

It's a letter, no it's a note!

"From Liam? Really?"

*You might be wondering why I'm writing a letter, well you've been ignoring my calls and messages.
I'm sorry about what happened concerning our anniversary and all...
Can we just meet at the garden?*

A loud hiss escaped my lips as I roll the paper into a scrunched ball, which I threw away.

"What was that?" I turn my head to the side, only to find Zyra gawking at me.

"Nothing serious" I rest my head on the table, in a sleeping form. My right arm stretched out on the desk, and my head on it.

"That letter is from Liam" Zyra said, requesting my attention, again.

"I know"

"Why did you throw it away, then?" Zyra questioned, curiosity embedded in her tone.

"Allot of things are going on between Liam and I, that I don't wanna talk about"

"Oh" she backed off. I put my head on the table, back to it's original position.

"I don't mean to pry, but I thing you should sort things out with Liam. He really likes you" Zyra said, forcing a groan from me.

"You see, things can't be sorted out"

"I really hope you don't loose him" Zyra said, turning to face another direction.

What was that about?

••••♥••••

"I really hope you don't loose him"

"...you don't loose him"

Zyra's words rang in my head continuously as I strolled down the corridor. A few minutes ago, I asked a friend of Liam about his whereabouts, the boy disclosed it without hesitation.

I pause before a wooden door, taking a deep breath. I begin a short rehearsal of things I'm gonna say to Liam when I get inside.

"Hey Liam, we should talk"

No! Too formal.

"Hey Liam, I thought about your letter..."

No! No! No! Too long!