♦ 2 ♦

~•Skyler James•~

The bus door opened on it's own accord. I get in without a second thought. I moved straight to the back seat, ignoring requests from students who want me to share their seating space.

I settled down at the back of the bus and stared blankly at the outside world as the bus moved swiftly across the plain.

Wonder what's new about SkyLine.

The bus driver made another stop, we've had a lot of these since the journey began. Three girls board the bus, like everyone else, wearing SkyLine's tracksuit, just like everyone else on the bus.

The girls head in my direction. The closer they get, the slowly I recognize the girl standing between the others.

"Sky!" The girl in the middle squealed, the moment we made eye contact. She got scolding eyes from her friends and others on the bus.

"Hey" I managed to say, after the quick embarrassment. The girl ignored the glare from other passengers, pulling her friends towards me. They stop, a little over a feet from me.

I'm finally able to get a closer view of the middle girl. Long dark braids, fairly dark skin. Bright honey eyes.

Abigail.

The weirdo who's been flocking around me, since last term. I know she's one of the numerous girls that has a crush on me.

They make it to obvious.

Which is annoying.

"Can we sit here?" The girl on the left asked, giving weird puppy eyes at me.

"Uh...yeah" I scoot over, closer to the window so the girls to have a space beside me. They started with numerous questions and chitchat about me.

Right in front of me!

I go back to looking out the window, totally ignoring the naive girls. I hoped my attitude was good enough to reveal my intention that I'm not interested in a conversation about myself.

The driver made the final stop at the parking lot for school buses. Joy coursed through my body. The hour of enduring girl talk is over. Students at the front seat sluggishly make their way out of the bus.

This act wants to make me regret not sitting at front or something. Other students, middle seaters and back seaters complain seriously. Shocking how their grumblings put an end to the dilly dally and everyone get off the bus, in an organized manner.

I ambled towards the school building with other students. SkyLine added a few bright touches to their exterior. I would have seen this yesterday but, I didn't make an appearance at school.

First day resumption isn't really my thing.

"Sky!" A girl called me. I can identify that voice anywhere and anytime. I turned around to face the average height, light skinned girl.

"What is it, Fenix?" I questioned her.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't transfer aggression on me joor" she warned me, a disgusted glare formed on her face. It made her less pretty than she is, if she was ever pretty.

"Just wanted to ask if you've spoken to Frady, recently" she used her fingers to air quote the word recently.

"Last night" I responded bluntly. I don't want to be seen conversing with this girl.

"You really miss her right" Fenix smirked, wriggling her brows. Her act caused a chuckle to escape my lips. I don't want to give Fenix any ideas about her friend.

Skyline Academy: book one {editing}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें