"I spoke with Aegon," Maegon revealed as Mikaela leaned in, "I didn't show it then...but I was scared. He told me that we are to never be accepted as Kings or rulers. I am the heir, but am I the true heir?"

"Aegon has filled your head with nonsense," Maia says as Maegon looks up at her, "Why are you listening to the word of a man whose own mother doesn't love him? If his mother doesn't trust him, why should you?"

Maegon put a hand over his forehead as he spoke once again, "I don't know. I was just thinking about it."

"You are the true heir, Maegon. Mother said it, you have even said it yourself," Maia recalled as Maegon chuckled.

"To be honest, I was only trying to convince myself that I was," Maegon confessed and Mikaela sighed as she rubbed her belly.

"You are a bastard," Mikaela blurts out and Maegon looks at her, surprised by her bluntness.

"Is that what you want to hear? Hm?" Mikaela asked and Maegon stared back at her, unsure of what to say

She gets up from her chair and approaches her brother, slightly looking down at him.

"Does that change anything?" Mikaela asks him again and Maegon does not say anything.

"It only proves that I am illegitimate," Maegon says as Mikaela shoved him, making him fall back onto his chair.

"You are the son of a Queen

"You are the son of a Queen. You ride a dragon. You have a royal name. You are just as legitimate as every other King or Queen before you," Mikaela hissed as Maegon glared at his sister.

"But I was born out of—"

"Out of what? Wedlock? Would you rather be the child born out of duty and no love? Do you prefer Reid the Snake as your father? Is that what you want?" Mikaela begins to raise her voice as Maia looks down at her feet, "IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?"

Maegon shakes his head as Mikaela shoved her finger into her brother's shoulder, "Are you going to let the way you were conceived define your whole way of life? Because that is pathetic."