Vol-4: Chapter 23.3

Their relationship became more awkward than before, but there was no way that Richard, who had spent his childhood with him, would not know Etienne's tastes and preferences.

Is he under suspicion?

Étienne tightened his lips to hide his nervousness. He couldn't figure out what Richard meant by saying this.

It must be because it smells different than usual.

Étienne decided to think on the positive side. Here he would be more suspicious of overreacting. He tried to suppress his anxiety and answered as calmly as possible.

“Taste is always changing.”

"Well, that's right."

Richard shook his head lightly. The tip of his voice trembled slightly, but he didn't seem to notice.

“Anyway, it smells good. It's a bit dark, though.”

Richard softly curled his lips as always, feeling the fragrant smell stimulating the tip of his nose. Unlike his smiling face, his insides were complicated.

Was he really mistaken?

Richard laughed bitterly at the thought of the strange scent he felt that day. Even though the curiosity he had for the past few days had been answered, he felt a sense of disappointment for some reason.

It's probably because he doesn't understand. The scent emanating from Etienne's body now was similar to the scent he had smelled in the garden, but it was different.

As he recalled the scent that was clearly engraved in his memory, his blue eyes darkened.

It was the scent that I smelled for a very short time, the moment our bodies touched each other, but it was still as clear as if I had just smelled it.

At that time, the fragrance was not so artificial. More natural......Yes, it was a strangely thirsty scent, like an omega pheromone that attracts an alpha.

Haah.

As he thought about it, the sound of air escaping came from between his lips. Richard, who had stopped thinking about it, looked at Etienne again.

“We’re still talking here, so go inside. I will tell them to prepare hot tea.”

"Okay."

Étienne did not refuse. Due to the commotion a while ago, onlookers flocked to the Grand Corridor. It's not like there's nothing to worry about, but since he had something to say to Richard, he thought it would be better to have a quiet conversation in the office.

“Then this way….....”

“Alvin? What are you all doing outside?”

As Richard led Étienne toward the office, a sonorous voice came from beside him. Étienne, who inadvertently turned his head, hesitated at the purple hair that caught his gaze.

“What's going on? Why are you all here......what?"

A woman walking from the side of the garden connected to the Great Hall saw Etienne and stopped.Then, she jumped over the terrace railing with her purple hair flying high in a ponytail.

"Oh my god! Someone said it, and it's really the prince!"

At a glance, she approached as if a woman who had recognized Etienne had met someone she was glad to see. Her eyes, resembling violets, shone as if they had been soaked in dew.

"Hello! Your Highness the Prince!”

"Uh….....?”

Étienne was taken aback by the woman's behavior as she greeted him warmly. Contrary to his discomfort, she seemed very happy about this meeting.