Vol-5: Chapter 27.4

“You know what? My mother doesn't watch her mouth in front of me. Not because they believe in me, but because they consider me nothing.”

“The empress told you?”

“To be exact, I heard her talking to the Duke of Herace.”

As a child, Etienne was isolated under Leona's control. Until he turned nine and became independent as Estella Palace, Etienne's world was only Leona and her people.

Naturally, Leona didn't care about Etienne. She acted as if Etienne wasn't there even though he was right in front of her. Because she ignored Etienne, she was not careful about what she said or did in front of him.

Because of that, Etienne knew what Leona had done and what she was plotting. It didn't change anything though.

The day he found out how he was born was also the same as usual. Étienne listened to Leona and the Duke of Herace arguing while reading in the corner of her reception room. And that day, he found out about an incident related to his birth.

He said, “I threw away all the sadness and resentment I had towards father emperor the day I learned the truth. It was a sin to have such a heart. Because I don't deserve it.”

Etienne said in a bitter voice. He may be calm now, but he wasn't when he first found out. The moment he learned why he was not loved by the emperor, Etienne fell into deep despair.

Originally, I hated myself, but that day, my existence was really terrible.

“How can I dare to hope for your love, as I am the proof of that day when I was only hurt by father emeperor.”

An omega that the mother does not need, the result of an indelible wound to the father.

My birth was wrong from the start.

From that day on, Étienne stopped wanting the Emperor's attention. When he realized that he did not deserve it, neither the warm gaze nor the voice without affection no longer hurt.

However, in a corner of my heart, there is a lingering lingering feeling that I couldn't throw away.

Buried deep in his heart, it raised his head from time to time and tormented Étienne.

There were times when I wanted to shout to him that he thought I was born because I wanted to be born, and that it was not my fault that I was born.

There were times when I hated him because I didn't know why I had to live with being treated like this, and everything was unfair and sad. But it was all fleeting.

“No, not Like that.”

I have to say no. It's not like that.

Edwin shook his head with an urgent face. Every single word from Etienne hacked into his heart. Edwin, at a loss, approached Etienne. He had to say anything.

“I, I was wrong. Etienne, I want you......”

"No. Father emperor did nothing wrong. As I said before, don't feel sorry for me. You don't even have to apologize.”

Etienne raised his hand and gently pushed Edwin away from him. Unlike Edwin's distorted face, Étienne's face was calm.

“I don’t want anything from father emperor. Since the goal is the same, there will be things to help and cooperate with each other, but other than that, I want to live like now. It will be comfortable for both of us.”

After his words, Étienne took a step back. He then greeted him politely.

“Somehow, the story ended up being too long. I'm really going to step back this time."

“Hey, wait a minute."

Edwin hastily reached out to Etienne, who turned his back on him. But his hand couldn't reach it this time either.

I have to catch the child, I have to catch him and say no.

He might have been like that at first, but he says he regrets it now, that he wants to be a father he hasn't been able to do, so he should forgive him.......

"Ahhh…....”

A moan escaped from gaping lips. Edwin desperately moved his lips.

I had to hold onto Etienne, but my voice didn't come out.

Edwin looked at Etienne's back, who was quickly moving away, and lowered his head helplessly.

Etienne is wrong. The only thing he didn't deserve was himself.