Vol-3: Chapter 15.1

“The star of the Empire, Prince Étienne de Frederick, and the sword of the Empire, Archduke Richard von Eckhart, is here.”

The voice of the servant announcing Etienne and Richard's position resonated in the hall. There were already many people in the banquet hall.

The members of the 10th generation, including the royal family members who were invited by the emperor, sat in their seats and chatted, their eyes widening when Richard and Etienne came in together.

It was surprising to see two people who were expected to fight for the next throne, entering side by side.

“What am I seeing?”

“The thought that His Highness the Grand Duke and the Prince would come together…....”

Some of the nobles at the banquet were confused by the appearance of the two people who didn't seem to get along better than they thought.

The sight of Archduke Eckhart, who was known for being blunt, laughing while talking to Etienne over and over again, was enough to shock people.

“His Highness Archduke Eckhart!”

When the people gathered at the banquet hall were confused, someone called Richard in a welcoming voice.

“…...Margrave Mathius?”

Richard, who reflexively turned his head, confirmed the person approaching him and erased his smile.

“It's been a while, Your Highness. How were you? It was a pity that I couldn't greet you at the triumphant banquet last time.......”

“How are you?”

Richard cut off the margrave's words as he greeted him. Then he twisted his body slightly so that the Margrave's gaze could be on Étienne.

“Before asking me how to say hello, how about greeting the prince first?”

"Yes? Ah."

The Margrave of Mathias did not recognize Étienne's existence until he was pointed out by Richard. When he saw Richard with Étienne, he put on an oops expression.

“I'm sorry, Your Highness the Prince. Greetings late. This is Benjamin, who leads the Marthius family.”

“It’s okay, Margrave. Didn't we say hello a few days ago?"

"Yes. Your highness."

Margrave Mathius responded politely. Étienne became bitter when he saw the Margrave a few days ago, when he met him and now when he met Richard, his attitude was completely different.

Even then, Margrave Marthius showed little interest in Étienne. He was polite to Étienne, but that's all, he was not at all likeable.

He has no choice but to be quick-witted when he has a secret that he cannot be told to others. Just by greeting him, Étienne quickly realized that Margrave Marthius was not interested in him.

He seemed to believe that the Empress had the possibility of enlisting the Margrave, but he was not what Etienne saw. In his opinion, the Margrave Mathius did not mix with the aristocrats. And now Etienne realized that his intuition was correct.

“Your Highness. Could you please give me a minute?”

After briefly greeting Étienne, Margrave Mathias spoke to Richard again. Étienne tightened his lips as he looked at the margrave, whose eyes twinkled at Richard.

Could it be because of what I heard from Eris a moment ago?

He felt sick to his stomach even though he hadn't eaten anything yet.