Vol-3: Chapter 14

“I'll apologize properly to the Archduke of Saxony later.”

Etienne, who confirmed that Eris had disappeared beyond the hallway, calmly opened his mouth as he looked at Richard.

"Yes?"

“What was the attitude from a moment ago? Even if you are the same Grand Duke, the Grand Duke of Saxony is much older than you.”

“…...All right."

Richard, who was about to refute something, responded calmly with a grunt. He had glared at the back of Eris's head like a beast waiting for an opportunity to bite her back, but now he was no different from a docile sheep.

“Are you mad…...?”

Richard, who had noticed Etienne, cautiously opened his mouth.
Étienne crossed his arms crookedly, glancing at Richard like that.

"Hmm. I am mad."

"Sorry."

Richard apologized with his sullen face. Étienne sighed as he looked at Richard, whose shoulders drooped. He looked as pitiful as a dog soaked in the rain.

“I don’t understand, really.”

Maybe I like this shit puppy.

Etienne shook his head, unable to hold back his sigh.

If you build a wall, it breaks the wall and approaches you; if you draw a line, it crosses the line and approaches you. It's not like they don't know each other's situation, so why the hell are they doing that?

Étienne looked at Richard with a troubled face. He told him that Richard was a very difficult person. Sometimes more than the empress.

“I was wrong. Older brother. Let go of your anger.”

Richard sighed heavily as Etienne sighed, and he apologized once more. He should have held it in, but Richard was unknowingly moved by Eris's attitude and regretted having pointed it out.
But even if he went back a few minutes, he would probably do the same thing.

That's how much Eris's attitude bothered him. Especially when she pretends to be close to Etienne and carelessly touches him.

“Stop talking about that bastard, brother.”

Etienne shot sharply. He pressed his throbbing temple with his thumb.

What do I do.

Etienne was seriously troubled. In this state, he might have to listen to that older brother for the rest of his life. He was well aware of how stubborn Richard was.

To be honest, his attitude was also a problem. While telling Richard not to call him older brother, he himself was talking flatly to him. He should call him grand duke, he should use honorifics, but when Richard calls himself older brother, he unconsciously treats him comfortably. It was a very scary habit.

“Do you know, or do you not know?”

"Yes?"

"Nothing. I was just talking to myself.”

Étienne stared at Richard with a complicated expression.

For some reason, it felt like I was constantly getting caught up in Richard's face.

In this state, it seemed that he would not be able to call Richard the Grand Duke and distance himself from him even for the rest of his life.

No, no. It wasn't because of Richard.

Actually me too.......

No. Don't think.

Étienne shouted to himself and clenched his fists. His sincerity, which he had held tightly in a corner of his heart, his truth, which he had been trying hard to ignore, was trying to raise its head.

"Good. I'll yield. When it’s just the two of us, it’s okay to call me big brother.”

Étienne made some compromises to calm his agitated mind. With this, he had a sense of crisis that if he continued to argue with Richard, he would someday reveal all of his true feelings.

"Is that true?"

Richard's face brightened at Etienne's words that he could call him older brother. He asked in disbelief.

"Okay. But don't do it again in front of other people. I'm talking about the same situation as before. How strange must the Archduke of Saxony think when he sees us?”

Étienne persuaded Richard half-adult, half-challenged. Richard, who was hesitant at his words, answered in a confident tone.

"That…..I will try.”

“Don’t try, make sure. Did you do well during the ceremony?”

“Because there were His Majesty the Emperor and Her Majesty the Empress at that time.”

“Be careful in front of other people besides the two of us. You never know when or where the words will come out.”

At Étienne's request, Richard opened his mouth as if he could not understand at all.

“Why do you keep caring about other people’s eyes?”

“Why are you so careless?”

Étienne raised his voice as if frustrated by the conversation that seemed to be spinning in circles. He then raised hix hand as if he couldn't.

"It's okay. It seems like there will be no end at this rate, so let’s go inside.”

"Yes."

Richard agreed, as if he had no intention of arguing with Étienne. Then, subtly, he stood next to Etienne.

"What? Why are you sticking around?”

“Aren’t you going to dinner? Brother and I both have the same destination, so let’s go together.”

“No, if I go with you…....”

People would go crazy.

Étienne couldn't keep his mouth shut as an arm wrapped around his shoulder. His body stiffened at the sudden touch. Whether he knew Etienne or not, Richard smiled with a calm face.

“Shall we go?”

“…...ha. Do whatever you feel like."

Étienne, who was baffled, shook his head from side to side and moved on.

I don't want to show my agitation to Richard.

Richard's expression brightened when Etienne did not reject him. He grinned and grabbed his skinny shoulder with his big, hard hand.

Strong as if he'd never let go.