Vol-2: Chapter 10.1

“Haah”

As he went out to the balcony, a rush of cool air came over him. Étienne reflexively shrugged his shoulders and walked towards the railing.

Apart from the feeling of cold in his body, Étienne felt a sense of exhilaration as if his insides were open.

He sat astride the railing, Etienne felt a strange sense of relief in him. A gust of wind from his back dissipated the pheromones clinging to his body.

"Hmm."

Étienne undid one more button, shivering from the cold wind that penetrated his slightly open shirt. He was finally able to breathe properly.

“Your Highness the Prince.”

As Étienne drew in a deep breath and closed his eyes, a voice interrupted his rest.

“…...Young master of Marquis Miles?”

Étienne's eyes furrowed as he turned his head to check the uninvited guest. It was Theodore who disturbed Étienne's rest.

“What is going on?”

Etienne asked Theodore nonchalantly. Despite Étienne's cold treatment, Theodore acted kindly.

“Did you go in well last night? I am sorry in many ways yesterday.”
"What?"

At the unexpected words, Etienne tilted his head and asked. Moonlight-tinted platinum blonde hair flowed gently as he moved. Theodore, who was stunned for a moment, answered with an expression of oops.

“Youngsik, Marquis of Namia. It happened while I was away.....”

"I apologise"

At Theodore's words, Etienne lightly nodded his head. He asked as if he were wondering.

“Why are you apologizing for that? It was Youngsik, the Marquis of Namia, who did the wrong to me, not you.”

“Didn't I take good care of  Your Highness? I should have been well......”

“That word is a bit strange.”

Étienne cut off Theodore's words. He stared at Theodore with an expression of incomprehension.

“I thought about it before, but you seem to have a strange sense of duty to me.”
"Yes?"
“Marquis Miles. When did I ask you to help me? Will you be my escort or aide?”
“It’s not…..”
“Oh, did mother ever order you to take care of me?”
"No!"

Theodore raised his voice in embarrassment at Étienne's sarcasm. He continued with a frustrated expression.

“I myself am loyal to His Highness the Prince.”
“Loyalty?”

Etienne laughed like someone who had been told something he couldn't hear. He opened his mouth with a face of sincere curiosity.

"Why?"
"Yes?"
"What do you mean by you're loyal to me?"
“What is that…...”
"No, it's just a little strange. Isn't it a little funny that the heir of Miles, one of the top 10 families, is voluntarily loyal to a beta Prince, who has no advantage other than his bloodline?”

Etienne laughed bitterly at himself. What he said was true. In fact, among the nobles who supported Étienne, almost none were loyal to him. They were all dogs of the Empress or the Duke of Herace.

What if he hadn't been the empress's child, and if his mother's family hadn't belonged to the Herace family?
Perhaps the nobles turned their backs on them long ago. Etienne was sure that his idea was correct.

In the imperial society, where alpha and omega are regarded as special, to the nobles, who were deeply rooted in alpha and omega supremacy, beta was a far inferior being.

If it turns out that if he is an omega who cannot rise to the throne, it will be even more upsetting. Etienne smiled bitterly.
In a society that values ​​omega, he is the only omega whose birth is not blessed.
That was the royal family born as an omega. A being who has to live with being ignored or checked for the rest of his life.

That's an old custom. Even though it is obvious that it is a bad habit, people have no choice but to follow it. This is because it is deeply rooted in the consciousness of each individual. Especially if it is specified in the strict national law.

In the end, Etienne could not be recognized by nobles unless he was an alpha. Not just nobles. Even the courtiers working in the prince's palace were not loyal to Étienne. Ben was the only one who was sincere with him.

In fact, he has nothing to do with anyone else. If another alternative appeared, it was clear that his biological mother, the Empress, would abandon Étienne. Power was like that.

Knowing that better than anyone else, Étienne was amazed by Theodore's kindness towards him. At the same time, he couldn't help but be wary.

Above all, what Theodore showed himself was never pure loyalty. It was more like a shady desire.

“Why do you say that?”

“What am I?”

“Don't put yourself down, Your highness."

Theodore looked at Étienne with a sad expression.

He spoke in a troubled voice.

“I do not want you to doubt my loyalty. I really want to serve Your Highness as my lord.”

Theodore said one word at a time. He was ready to kneel in front of Etienne at any moment. There was a strange heat in his eyes as he looked at Etienne.

“Your Highness is enough….”
"Stop."

Étienne cut off Theodore again. He couldn't hide his discomfort.

How will I do it.

Étienne stared at the longing in Theodore's eyes and chose his words inwardly. Etienne was good at reading other people's expressions and emotions because he had lived his whole life on the edge of a blind eye, and because he had become a liar to survive.

Thanks to this, he quickly recognized the meaning of Theodore's eyes. Those were not the eyes looking at the lord he would serve, but the eyes looking at the prey he wanted to eat.

It's a waste.

Étienne clicked his tongue inwardly as he watched Theodore waiting for his words. Had it not been for those eyes full of desire for him, Etienne might have accepted his favour long ago.

If you still use it, you can still use it.

Etienne needed limbs to move faithfully. But a man with eyes like that was dangerous.

He resembled the Empress, who was praised as the most beautiful woman in the empire, and had a beautiful appearance and strange atmosphere.

People who were attracted to her would often hang around or approach Etienne.
But Etienne refused to give his side to anyone. He didn't give his side to anyone.
It had to be.

It was said that the closer you get to someone, the higher the chance that your secret will be found out.

That's why Theodore's feelings towards him were reluctant. Because what was in his eyes was not pure crush, but physical desire.

Yes.

Theodore was lusting after Etienne.

Hiding That The Damn Prince Is An Omegaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें