Vol-3: Chapter 12.2

Saladin bit his lower lip, feeling the guilt rising. He said he couldn't help it because of the empress's order, but he himself was partly responsible for the prince's body being ruined to this extent.

“I take medicine for this condition, but is it mana?”

“It is not that there is no effect at all. However, it is no longer possible to completely prevent the heat cycle. If you keep blocking it with medicine, a heat cycle will come suddenly like last time.”

“It sounds like a bomb that doesn’t know when it will explode.”

"You're right."

“…...What if I change the recipe and use a new medicine?”

“If I change the medicine, it might work for a while…... In the end, it will be the same as it is now. There is a limit to artificially blocking a natural phenomenon.”

After his words, Saladine took a deep breath. Maybe it's because he said what he wanted to say, it seemed like the long-standing congestion was going down.

"More than anything…...It is difficult for His Highness to administer a new medicine in his physical condition.”

“…....”

Étienne, whose thoughts were complicated by Saladin's explanation, locked his mouth tightly and thought about it for a long time. After a long time, the lips that had been closed straight opened slightly.

“…...In short, to get out of this state, I have to sleep with an Alpha?”

“…...That's right."

Saladine, who hesitated at the blatant question, replied in a crawling voice. He was worried that Étienne might be offended, but fortunately he didn't show any sign of it. He explained the effect of spending a heat cycle with an Alpha after Saladin was a little encouraged.

“If Your Highness spends the night with an Alpha…..That, well, it's embarrassing to explain directly, but......While receiving the essence of Alpha and expelling the essence of the body......The waste and poison accumulated in the body will come out together. It would be similar to the purification of contaminated land.......”

When the moment came for a direct explanation, Saladine's face turned red.

As a doctor, he was embarrassed for some reason even though he was explaining the obvious.

It was probably because he had never had such a conversation with the prince before.

Saladine felt the heat on his right cheek grow hot as he continued his explanation.

“After spending the night with an Alpha, you will feel better without taking medication for a while,” he says.

"At least for a month or two.”

“Is that okay?”

"Of course. After that, you will have to take the inhibitor again, but it will be more effective than now because you take it after taking a break. My explanation ends here.”

After the explanation, Saladine grabbed the glass of water on the table. He poured out words without stopping, and his throat burned. Saladine, who had emptied all the water at once, noticed Etienne. He was feeling cool just before, but after talking about it, he became anxious.

“I know that's the best way. But at this point, it is impossible.”

"Yes."

Saladin agreed with Étienne with his sullen face. It was a method that the empress, who wanted to hide the fact that Etienne was an omega, would never allow it.