Vol-1: The world's most unlucky prince-Chapter 1

Etienne de Frederic.

The only direct descendant of Frederick's empire and the first in the line of succession to the throne.
Living a life that everyone envyed, he considered himself the most unfortunate in the world.

If people had known that Étienne was thinking that way, they would have called him crazy or an over-full whin.
Who would think that he was unlucky with the imperial family and a powerful next emperor? Objectively, Etienne was living in a more blessed environment than anyone else.

Yes. It didn't matter to people that Etienne was 'beta' rather than alpha.
Unlike Omega, Beta could become emperor under Imperial law.
It would have been different if Etienne had an Alpha brother or sister, but he was the only child of the current emperor.

Above all, behind Étienne was the Empress, who was the golden jade of the Duke of Hereis. It was an established fact that the Duke of Hereis, who was the head of the aristocratic faction and was sometimes considered to have greater power than the emperor, and Etienne, who was supported by his family, would ascend the throne.

An undeniable lineage and overwhelming power.

In front of her, it didn't matter whether Etienne was a beta or an incurable wretch.
That is why many people thought that in Etienne's future, only flower paths would be spread out like now. They did not doubt Etienne's happiness. But that was people's mistake. Étienne was never happy nor now. To him, happiness was an unfamiliar and awkward word. To that extent that Etienne's life was dark and dull.

Maybe that's why. Étienne sincerely felt that he was unhappy. He used to think that if he were to pick the most unlucky prince in the world, that would be himself.

Because Etienne was an 'omega' pretending to be a beta.