Vol-3: Chapter 15.2

Seats for members of the imperial family, including the emperor and empress, were reserved for the head of the hall.

“Are you here? Father, mother.”

Étienne, who had gone to his seat, summoned the Emperor and Empress. The two people who were sitting with grim faces turned their heads at the same time.

“You are here.”

The empress greeted Etienne with a dry voice. She looked at Richard, who was standing behind Étienne, and slightly hardened her eyes.

“Did you two come together?”

“I met him on the way.”

"Okay."

She nodded her head as if the empress knew, and she invited Étienne to take his seat. Meanwhile, Richard greeted the emperor.

“Eckhart’s Richard salutes the Imperial Sun.”

“Come on.”

The emperor welcomed Richard. It was the attitude of not caring about Etienne. Étienne, accustomed to the emperor's cold treatment, took a seat next to the empress.

“Greetings to the Moon of the Empire.”

“Greetings, please take a seat.”

Leona cast a cold gaze at Richard, who greeted her. That was it. Richard also sat down in his seat without saying anything. His seat was across from Etienne.

“Okay then, let’s start the dinner.”

"Yes. Your majesty."

When everyone at the dinner sat down, the emperor winked at the chief chamberlain. When the chamberlain turned his head to the door leading to the kitchen, the door opened as if he had waited, and numerous dishes came in.

The dinner was more peaceful than expected. Contrary to his concerns, the empress was quiet. She focused on her own meal without sharing her story with anyone.

So was the emperor. While chatting with Eris, he spoke to Richard once in a while.
Étienne waited for the dinner to be over, forcibly chewing the tough meat. When the meal was over, the emperor called Richard.

“Richard.”

"Yes. Your majesty."

“You are twenty-one, right?”

"You're right."

“Twenty one, that’s already happened.”

At Richard's answer, the emperor muttered in a voice full of emotion. Étienne intuitively sensed that he was going to bring up the story of Richard's marriage.

Just as expected. The emperor looked at Richard with a benevolent face and opened his mouth.

“It is said that people tend to marry later than before, but even so, twenty-one is enough to start a family.”

"Yes?"

“Yesterday, Margrave Mathius came to see me and told me that he wanted to marry you.”

At the words that came out of the emperor's mouth, the expression on her face hardened like that of the empress. She clutched the knife in her hand as if to hold back her resentment.

Through her teeth planted in her main palace, she had already heard about what had happened yesterday, but hearing it directly from the emperor's mouth seemed to hurt her pride.

“If they want to talk about marriage with me, why would His Majesty.......”

“Am I not your guardian? You say you are over twenty, but since you were away on an expedition and didn't have a coming-of-age ceremony, I have a right too.”