Fifty Three (Last Part)

-One Year Later-

Ezekiel is now the governor of the Commonwealth with Mercer as he's second in command. Daryl and I have been in and out of the commonwealth, mostly back and forth from all the communities, doing our own thing. We're making a pit stop in Commonwealth to see everyone for the memorial service for those we lost. We watch as Ezekiel makes his speech before hugging him and saying goodbye, we greet everyone else before making our way to Maggie, she talks about wanting to explore more briefly before Carol and Daryl go off on their own. I stayed behind with Maggie, we went and sat on the steps beside each other. It was silent for a moment before she broke it, "I just want you to know that you've always been like a sister to me and I know in the recent years we haven't been the closest but I will miss while you're gone but I'm so happy that you two are finally breaking away to do what you feel you need to do." I smile before hugging her, "I'll miss you too, you're forever my sister." We pull away and she wipes away a few tears, "Ugh, let's get this mushy stuff out of the way, I just want to know if you plan on coming back." I chuckle, "Of course, this is where our family is, we'll make our way back." We hug again before I stood up and headed toward the bike to wait for Daryl.

We go outside the gates of the commonwealth and a few more people come to say goodbye to us before Carol approaches Daryl, he looks at her for a moment, "I love you." She chuckles, "I love you too." Carol hugs him before approaching me and hugging me, whispering in my ear, "Keep him safe." I nod, "I will." We pull away and smile at each other before I get on the back of the bike behind Daryl, he starts it up before we take one last look behind us and take off into the unknown.

We've been through hell and back together, I'm excited to see where this little adventure is going to take us. Maybe we'll be back to see everyone, maybe we won't, only time can truly tell. All I know is, I'd follow this man to the ends of the earth and back, it's going to be us against world from now on and we're only just getting started, I guess Rick was right in the end, we are the ones who live.