Twenty Six

I stayed by the road to wait for Daryl as he sent Dwight a message. I wrote 'tomorrow' on the note he wrapped around the arrow before he disappeared into the woods. I was nervous as I waited by our bikes but part of me knew that he would be fine, he always is. The past week is going through my mind in mini flashbacks, Carl coming to me late at night because he's worried about his Dad, Michonne crying most nights because she can't help like she wants too when the scavengers turned on us in Alexandria, she got into a rough fight with one of them before she ultimately killed them. I felt sick when I saw her after, she looked so broken but she got through it. Daryl has been dead set on all of this so he's been with Rick a majority of the time, I actually ended up bonding with Rosita a bit and learning some new things that'll be useful if she isn't around to do them.

Daryl finally comes out and hands me a piece of paper, "A few of them are on the way so we can take em out then pass it on." I nod as I look it over, it's all the outpost locations of the saviors. We got on our bikes and headed out. We stop a few miles out from the tree outpost and he whispers, "I got this one." I nod as he aims his crossbow at the man standing up in the tree and takes him out. We approach him to see if he has anything before a walker gets him. We head back to our bikes before getting to the next outpost, it's in an abandoned town and the guy is sitting on the hood of a car smoking a cigarette, "I got it." I say as I take out my knife and sneak up behind him, I position my knife before I grab him quickly off the hood onto the ground, slicing his throat on the way down. Daryl came up from behind me and grabbed the cigarette before sitting on the hood of the car and looking around for more saviors before flicking it away and heading back to our bikes.

We make it to the overpass nearby with Tara, Morgan and Carol. Daryl hands them the locations before waiting near his bike, we were waiting for the herd to come through so we could direct it toward Negan. Tara counts down from 10, "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2...1." Nothing happens. I sigh as I glance over at Daryl, as one of the cars blew up. I rush over to my bike as Morgan, Tara and carol jump into a car and speed off, I follow them right in front of Daryl.

We get to an abandoned town up the road and rigged up a bomb that would take out the saviors as they drive through. We got up above everything and waited. Carol motions for me to come by her so I do, as I settle beside her by leaning on the railing she leans in and whispers, "Are you sure you can handle this? It's about to become life or death." I chuckle, "Become? It's been life or death for a while now." She shook her head, "Yeah but I mean, he could die and I just can't have that, I need to know that you're ready for this." I glance at Daryl before looking back at her, "I will die for him if I need too, don't worry about that." She shook her head once again, "No, Josie, you don't understand, I don't want either of you to die. I want you both to come back from this, I just need to know you're willing to do what you need to do." I give her a confused look, "You mean kill everyone we come across?" She nods but stays silent so I look out at the rig, "I will do whatever I need to do." She sighs as she pats my shoulder, "Good." She pulls me in for a hug briefly before Morgan shouts, "Got it!" I watch as he takes out a walker right before it gets to the rig.

As if right on cue, the Saviors come flying up right to the rig blowing up all their cars in one big hit.

We made our way back to our vehicles, Carol hugs Daryl before they all go in separate directions. Daryl and I get on our backs, I take out a pistol and get ready as we starts off. We took turns blowing shit up on the way to the sanctuary. He got everything on the left and I got everything on the right, we saw a huge explosion at the end from Sanctuary and went our separate ways.

I made my way to the rendezvous point and waited for a while.

Eventually Rick and Daryl show up, "Gabriel is still back there." I nod and stand aside as we waited. "What happened?" Rick sighed, "Gregory was there and threatened to kick out families from the Hilltop if they didn't back down. He got his though." Daryl asked, "Did he die?" Rick shrugged so I scoffed, "Should've killed him, he's useless." Rick gave me a shocked expression as Daryl said, "She's right, now we know we can't trust him as far as we can throw him." We wait for a while before realizing Gabriel isn't coming back.