Nineteen

Daryl took me aside as the group went back to the cars, he led me to the woods nearby until we got to a pile of leaves, he brushed them off and I saw his bike under all of it. I smirked as he picked it up and brought it back to the road before climbing on and starting it. I got on the back before we made our way back home.

-The Next Day-

We all slept most of the day when we came back yesterday, it was nice to finally be back to sort of normal as Daryl messed around with his bike in the driveway, I saw Carol walking toward him so I decided to go back inside and go about my business. I folded some laundry and put up some towels. I was in the middle of washes what little dishes there were before Daryl came into the kitchen, "Hey, did something bad happen to you guys when they had you?" I shook my head, "Other than some threats and fighting, no, why?" He sighed, "Carol's acting super weird." I go back to washing the dishes as he stepped beside me and started drying them off to put them away, "She didn't want to kill them, she was kind of out of it after she was left alone with one of them. I haven't spoke to her so I don't know what's up with her either." We finished up before going back outside and sitting on the porch swing, he pulls a pack of cigarettes from his shirt pocket, "She did give me these though." I smirk before taking one, he lit it for me and watched as I took a few drags, "Denise asked Rosita and I to go on a medicine run with her." I nod, "When?" He shrugs, "Rosita said she'd be able to go in a few days, apparently she has something to do, I don't know." I raise an eyebrow, "Hm, okay, so you're mine for the next few days then?" He put his arm around me and pulled me closer, "I'm yours forever, what do you mean?" He kissed me as he took the cigarette from my hand. I smirked, "When we first met, did you ever think you'd be saying that to me?" He shook his head, "Nah, I figured you'd keep flirting with me for a while then get bored and move on to Rick or something." I chuckle, "Nope, it was either you or no one, sorry to disappoint." He shook his head and laughed lightly, "Didn't disappoint me at all." He took a few drags of the cigarette before handing it back to me and heading back to his bike, I finished it off before flicking it onto the concrete and laying back on the swing.

I laid there for a while before I heard Daryl say, "You got a lot of nerve coming back here." I sat up and saw he was talking to Liam who approached him, "Look, man, I came here to apologize to you. If I'm being honest, I like Josie a lot and I'm kinda jealous that she's with you, nothing personal." Daryl looked angry as he stepped toward, "Sounds personal to me." Liam backed up and put his hands up, "Trust me, man, it's not." I sighed before making my way down the steps to stand in between them, "It's probably best if you don't come around for a few days." Daryl chimed in from behind me, "Try ever." I roll my eyes, "Few days or until you get over liking me because it's not going to happen." Liam looks hurt as he nods before turning to walk back down the street. I sigh before turning toward Daryl, "You've gotta try being nicer so people aren't scared of you." He rolled his eyes, "I'll be nice to anyone that doesn't hit on my wife, how's that?" I shook my head and smiled as I put my palm to his cheek, "Fair enough, I'll see you later, I'm going for a walk." He nodded as he went back to whatever he was doing on his bike.

I wandered around until I heard Michonne call my name, I turned around as she came up to me, "Hey, I was just wondering if you were interested in going on a run with me? Everyone is busy apparently and I saw a store that looked untouched a few miles out, I want to see what they have." I shrug, "Yeah, alright. Just give me a minute, I need to let Daryl know." She chuckles, "Alright, I'll meet you at the gate in 20 minutes." I nod before heading back toward Daryl.

He wasn't happy about it but I was excited he let me take his bike, he taught me how to ride it a bit before letting me drive it to the gate. He got off the back and glanced at Michonne, "If she wrecks it, it's your ass." She laughed, "Why me?" He looks at me, "Because." He winks at me before walking off to Rick's house, I nod at Michonne to get on so she climbs behind me and we take off a little hot right as the gates open but I was able to get ahold of it after a few miles.