Twenty Seven

We got ourselves together and made our way back to our vehicles. I had to ride with Daryl because my bike was off in the woods somewhere. I glanced back at Rick as I heard his car stalling, he sighed as he approached us, "Looks like I'm walking." Daryl scoffs lightly, "Looks like it." Rick goes to walk off but turns back quickly, "Chokehold's illegal, asshole." Daryl answers with no emotion at all, "Yes it is."

We got back to Alexandria, we got off the bike before he stopped me, "I'm gonna go find Tara, wanna come?" I shook my head, "Nah, just come get me if you need too." He nodded before walking off. I looked around for a moment before deciding to go home.

I made my way there and was able to literally sit down before Daryl rushed in the front door, "Come on, Jo." I sigh and roll my eyes as I follow him out to a big garbage truck. We get into the truck and head off god knows where. We're driving for a few minutes after leaving Alexandria when Tara looks me over, I glance over at her, "What?" She sighs, "Too bad you're not into girls, huh?" I chuckle as I go back to looking at the road as Daryl sat in the drivers seat next to me, "I am, he just caught my heart first." I put my hand on his thigh and he smiles to himself as I glance at a surprised Tara, "Bisexual, huh?" I nod, "Yep." She chuckles, "You know, I can see why you two work so well together." I smirk, "Oh yeah?" I study Daryl's face as she answers, "Yes, he's all stoic and mysterious and so are you, you're just easier to talk to." I chuckle, "Yeah, helps he's good in bed too." I wink at Tara as her face flushes from embarrassment, I smack her thigh gently, "Oh don't be so posh, it's true, nothing to be embarrassed about." She chuckles, "I guess so."

We're a few miles out now when we hear loud annoying opera sounding music, we see the truck it's coming from, it had huge speakers on the bed and was rushing out from a building. Daryl put the pedal all the way down, "Hold on!" He shouted right before we hit the side of the truck, the driver was knocked out of the drivers side window and the speakers finally stopped. Tara shot the driver as we stepped out. I was surprised to see Michonne and Rosita approaching us. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked. Michonne sighed, "We just wanted to see the sanctuary for ourselves but ended up here, they had a few guns here but only one rocket for the launcher, we thought they were getting away there for a second." Daryl steps up beside me, "Lets go." We all get back in the truck and its too crowded so I reluctantly get voted to sit on Tara's lap for the duration. We get to the top of a hill where we can see the sanctuary from a distance, Daryl hands Michonne a pair of binoculars, "You wanted to see it, here ya go." Michonne sighs as she looks through before glancing at Daryl, "What do you need us for?" Daryl glances back at her, "To end this, right here, right now."

He drives us up to the Savior's building, we get out and I'm surprised to see Morgan approaching us, "I'm here to help, I'm not the only one. We have snipers watching from every angle." I nod as I look back at Daryl, "We can get in the truck to the south side so the workers have a chance to get out." Morgan nods, "Come on then." We walk back to the truck to see Rosita walking off saying she can't go through with this, Morgan tells her where she find a vehicle before we get back into the truck.

We get close to the building before Morgan radios, "Cut the engine or you'll start drawing walkers toward you." Tara gets out, "Theres a spot for cover over there by the shoots." I nod as I get out behind her, Daryl and Michonne stay behind. They're in the truck for a moment so Tara walks back to the truck as Michonne is leaving, I feel the irritation flow through me so I decide to take matters into my own hands, I knew exactly where Negan would be if he has to deal with a problem like this so I made my way through a window nearby.

I'm able to get through the building undetected, everyone was around the ground level trying to get the workers under control, except for Negan, so I made my way to the conference room. I smirked when I walked in and his back was to the door, "Anything?" He turned around slowly and his smile dropped once he saw me standing in front of the door aiming my pistol at him, "Hey baby, I just missed you so much I had to come see you again." I close the door behind me and sit at the opposite end of the table, he smirks, "Josie, so nice to see you, have to say the timing is terrible but good to see you nonetheless." He sits back in the chair and sets Lucille on the table, "I have to ask, what does Daryl think of you coming to visit me?" I smirk, "Don't worry, he'll be coming shortly." He laughs, "Oh, really?" I nod slowly, "Really." He exhales sharply as his expression turns from playful to serious, "You know, I could've actually loved you. You could've been a true wife." I scoff, "So, the others aren't your true wives?" He shook his head as he quickly answered, "No but you could've been, I could tell you liked being by my side in some sort of weird psychotic way." I sigh as I lean back, I heard the truck go through the wall and everyone started to panic as the shots starting firing. "Looks like my true husband is right on time." He sighs, "You really think you and the Rick troop are actually going to win this?" I nod, "Yes, I do. Why? Still doubting us?" He clenched his jaw, "Why haven't you shot me yet?" I roll my eyes, "Because you belong to Rick." He laughs, "I belong to no one and you're not going to win but don't worry, you still have a place here, all you have to do is say the word and you're back in." He winked as I grimaced, "You'll have to kill me for me to come back here." He raised an eyebrow, "That can be arranged too." I went to say something but was rudely interrupted when a few of his goons burst through the door. I stood up quickly and back up as I aimed my gun at them, the woman rushed me and before I knew it I was pushed through the broken glass and fell out the window behind me, a car caught my fall and the thing I saw before I blacked out was Tara.