Seven

I woke up to Daryl shaking me gently, "Jojo? Come on, wake up." I opened my eyes and smiled at him, "What?" He smiled back, "I wanted to take you out in the woods and defile you a little." I chuckled as he shook his head, "Nah, I'm kidding, I want to show you something, get dressed and come on."

He led me outside and we were both surprised when we saw a few trucks and a fucking tank lined up at the fences. My heart drops when I notice the Governor is at the forefront. Rick motions for Daryl and I to get behind the boarded up part of the fence next to him so we do. I sneak another peek at what's going on and see he has Michonne and Hershel on their knees in front of his group. I look to Maggie, "How did they get them?" She whispered back, "They went missing yesterday afternoon, I don't know how they got them though." I gulp as Daryl hands me a ak-47, "We have to be prepared." I nod quickly, "Okay." He grabs my hand as we dash to the other side to get a better look of what's going on.

I couldn't hear what they were talking about but I could tell the governor was getting frustrated as he stepped down from the tank and approached Hershel's side, grabbing Michonne's sword on the way down. He held it to Hershel's throat as he talked to Rick some more. I glanced over at Daryl once I saw the governors face drop again, "He's not going to do whatever Rick is trying to do, I've seen that look before." He glanced back at me a split second before I heard Maggie and Beth screaming and sobbing, bullets started to fly as I looked back to see The Governor decapitated Hershel with the sword. Tears started streaming down my face as I silently mourned Hershel, shooting back at the group the governor brought. I was dead set on trying to shoot the governor, I didn't even realize everyone else was trying to get the others onto a bus on the opposite side of the prison. I saw my bow laying on the ground so I grabbed it and a few arrows, tucking it around my shoulder before trying to get to higher ground.

Everything seemed to happen in a split second, I got to higher ground and waited for Rick to move out of the way before I got a clear shot of the governor, he was laying on the ground when a woman I've never seen before approached him wielding a gun, she shot him in the head moments before she got attacked by a herd of walkers. I heard a grenade go off behind me and it knocked me onto the ground, that's when everything went dark.

I came to by Michonne shaking my arm, "Josie! Wake up, we have to get out of here!" She was talking in a loud whisper, I opened my eyes and looked around to see we were surrounded by walkers and everyone else was gone. She helped me up as I frantically started asking where Daryl was. She kept saying she didn't know and we had to get out of there, so I just went with it.

-A Few Hours Later-

I found myself walking behind Michonne, who was leading two walkers with a rope around their necks in front of us. We got to a road that had footsteps but she decided to keep going through the woods. She tied the walkers to a nearby tree once it started to get dark as I started a fire. She sighed as she sat on a log next to me, I got the fire going and started skinning a squirrel I caught earlier so we had something to eat for the night.

We finished up and sat in even more silence before she finally spoke, "We have to see if anyone else got out of there." I nodded, "I agree, we can't be the only ones." She sighed, "We'll go back to the boot tracks when the sun comes up, for now we should probably try to get some sleep." I shook my head, "I won't be able to sleep but I'll watch over everything if you do." She shook her head, "Me either so I guess we'll just wait around until then." I nod as I eye the walkers tied to the tree, "Where'd you learn how to do that?" She looked at them as she answered, "I did it as a punishment for myself and it ended up actually helping me survive." I sat back and let took a few deep breaths, "Everything happened so fast, I shouldn't have moved from where I was. I just had to try to kill him myself, you know? He killed my Dad and my brothers right in front of me and I just needed to know he was dead." She sighs, "I know how you feel, he killed my friend and he tried to kill me." I put my face in my hands and just cry. I don't think I have the mental capacity to deal with this kind of thing anymore, I felt Michonne's hand on my back, she was trying to comfort me but I could tell she felt awkward about it. "It'll be okay, we'll reunite with everyone." I shook my head, "No. We won't." She sucked her teeth and scoffed, "How could you say that? You know everyone well enough, you should know better than to think like that." I just sighed and stayed silent.

-A Few Days Later-

I've lost track of time at this point, we followed the footsteps as long as we could before we just had to wing it to figure out which way they could've possibly went. We didn't even know if they were anyone we knew, Michonne just had faith that they were. We got to a nice neighborhood that barely looked like it was touched. I waited outside for Michonne to go through a couple of the houses, I noticed a big empty can laying in the middle of the street from a distance, I just chuckled at the sight. Michonne finally came back out and noticed the same can, approaching it slowly then walking to the closest house near it. I watched at the foot of the steps as she looked through the window, her lip started quivering like she was going to cry but she seemed happy by what she saw. She knocked on the front door and after a few minutes, I was shocked when Rick and Carl answered the door.

We were sat in front of the couch on the floor, I had a can of peaches that I scarfed down before getting up and walking to the nearest room away from them. I leaned against the kitchen counter and tried to cry quietly, all that was running through my mind was Daryl, I couldn't go one second without thinking about him. I was driving myself insane. My thoughts were interrupted when Carl entered the room and stood on the opposite side of the room, "You know he made it out right? Theres no way he didn't, he's Daryl." I avoided eye contact with him and just nodded as I wiped my tears away, he sighed, "I know you're sad but you have to know he's out there somewhere, all we have to do is find him." I chuckle softly, "Maybe you're right, I don't know. I just can't deal with the thought of losing anyone else I care about." I finally look at him, "I'm glad you and your father are alright." He nodded and forced a smile, "Too bad we couldn't have got Judith." I sigh, "I'm sorry." He shook his head and stayed silent.

I decided to go upstairs and search for somewhere to sleep, I found a queen sized bed and decided to lay down. I stared up at the ceiling for a while before I finally closed my eyes and drifted away for a while.