Fifty Two

We get to Alexandria the next morning and got into position to keep watch. I'm looking through the binoculars when I spot Negan getting into it with two commonwealth troopers, Annie then tries to help and gets shoved to the ground before being dragged away. I go to rush down there but Carol and Daryl grab me, "You can't, not yet." Daryl says. I sigh as I shrug both of them off, we head to Maggie, Rosita, Connie and Gabriel. Rosita suggests we just rush in there but we all know that's basically suicide so it's quiet for a moment before Daryl speaks up, "The sewers. There's no way they'd be down there." We all agree, we separate into groups; Daryl and I, naturally. Connie, Maggie and Carol go to the opposite side sewer entrance while Gabriel and Rosita stay behind in case we need anyone to shoot if things go bad.

Daryl and I get to the windmill and quickly climb down the ladder. I go down after him and struggle a bit toward the end, he catches me and helps me get back on my feet quickly, "You okay?" I chuckle, "Yeah, just clumsy, sorry." He shook his head before aiming his flashlight down the dark tunnel, I followed him closely before Carol radios to tell us that they're good. He stops to radio her back the same thing. We continue making our way up, we catch a few walkers on the way and the leaves and vines growing in the tunnel were annoying as hell to navigate through but we did it. Daryl stops and looks back at me, I could see the fear in his eyes so I sighed and put my hand on his shoulder, "It's going to be alright, we're going to save them." He takes a deep breath and nods before continuing down the tunnel.

We finally get up to ground level, it's the dead of night, but there's bright spotlights focused on something near a wall, I take a closer look and see Negan is about to be executed. Annie then gets dragged in and I start sprinting toward them, I'm like two football fields away from them but I could hear Negan shouting, "That wasn't our deal!" Over and over again. Daryl somehow caught up with me and stopped me, I looked and saw a few more of the prisoners began to get on their knees with their hands up by Negan. The leader, I assume, instructs the troopers to shoot them all. "No!" I said as I broke free from Daryl's grip and ran toward them, I could hear him coming from behind me. He grabbed me once again and brought me around another way, where we'd end up behind them instead of in front of them. We sneak up behind the leader as he grabs Kelly and holds her at gun point, Daryl gets behind him and takes him out quickly. Connie somehow made her way to us and reunited with Kelly as I rushed over to Negan and Annie, Negan quickly stood up, "I'm alright." I just looked him in the eye for a moment and took a sharp breath before hugging him tightly. I pulled Annie in as well before pulling away to let them have their moment, I turned back to look at the crowd of prisoners, I nodded at the trooper who risked it all to save Negan and the others. I heard Negan dragging the leader toward us to kill him, Rosita came running through the crowd, "Negan, no! Wait!" She grabs the leader and begs him to tell her where the children are, he isn't budging so she grabs one of the reanimated troopers and threatens him with it by holding it's face in front of his. "You will lose everything." Is all he said before she shoved the walker in his face. I looked away and winced as he screamed in agony. We searched all night for the younger children, the older one's were here in Alexandria but the babies were nowhere to be found. We figured out they weren't here so we'd be leaving in the morning to go back for the train, we packed up a bus and started loading us those who wanted to go fight with us. Daryl approaches the bus with Judith, they both smile at you as they walk by. You continue helping Maggie load the truck before Negan comes around the other side and nods for you to leave so he could speak to her alone. I go and sit in the back of the bus, waiting for Daryl to come so we could go and get this blood bath over with.

We go back to the train and manage to get it rolling, I stay close to Daryl but my mind is solely on Judith as I glance at her, silently wondering why anyone would agree to let a child come along with us for something like this, I just knew Rick and Michonne would be so upset with her being here but I know that they'd be watching her like a hawk so I decided to take on the role. After Daryl and Carol speak to one another across the car, Daryl goes and sits beside Judith, they start talking to one another so I decide to make my way through the cars until I find Negan. I shut the door behind me before sitting on the floor beside him and sighing, "I don't know why you keep trying to die." He chuckles, "Can't help it, death seems to keep grabbing me but somehow I manage to keep getting away, it's a curse really." He looks at the ground before sighing and looking at me, "I did it to save everyone else, I wanted to save Annie and the baby, Ezekiel, everyone." I lay my head on his arm, "You know, you don't have to keep trying to prove yourself to everyone but sacrificing yourself, you deserve a happy ending too." Maggie scoffs from across the car and glares at me but I ignore her, "I know what you've done but honestly, I think you've earned your place among us." He puts his hand on my thigh and squeezes gently, "I don't know how you've managed to see the best in me after what I put you and Daryl through." I sigh, "I haven't forgotten but I have forgiven you, I see you for who you are, I did then too, it's just the situation was so shitty I couldn't let myself try to get through to you instead of putting Daryl first." He kisses my head, "I understand, thank you." I look up at him, "Don't thank me, just keep proving that you're not a monster." His gaze softens as he glances at my lips before locking eyes with me, "I'll always love you, no matter what and you can always come to me if you need anything, except hanky panky because I'm married now." We both laugh before I stand up and head toward the door, he calls out to me, "Try not to be too jealous of Annie by the way, don't let it eat you alive." I shook my head and rolled my eyes as I laughed before shutting the car door behind and heading back to Daryl.