Eighteen

We spent the rest of the day on and off consummating our 'marriage'. We met up with the rest of the group for dinner late in the evening, Carol whipped something up and invited us down.

We weren't around everyone for 5 minutes before Daryl let it slip to Carol that we got married this morning, she clapped her hands excitedly and rushed over to me, pulling me in for a tight hug. Carl looked confused, "What happened?" Carol pulled away and put her arm around me, "Daryl and Josie got married!" Maggie gives me a shocked look, "Really?" I nod as I look at Daryl for help, he caught on quickly before he put his bowl down and rushed over to me, "Yeah we did, she's officially Mrs. Dixon now. Everybody can moved on now." He grabbed my hand and led me over to the bench under the window before he handed me his bowl and whispered, "Sorry, I didn't think she'd react like such a.... girl." I chuckled, "It's fine, I just didn't expect it." He brushes my hair behind my ear, "I love you, Jojo." I smile without looking at him, "I love you too." Michonne over hears as she approaches, "I love you too guys." We all laugh as Daryl and I look up at her, "Are you guys ready for tomorrow?" I glance at Daryl, who looks down as he plays with his fingers, "I'm actually not going, I'm taking over for Maggie tomorrow." Daryl smiles slightly at me before Michonne responds, "It's probably best anyways, we need at least one of our strongest fighters to stay back here." I smirk as she pats my shoulder and sits down next to Rick, I notice they seemed a little 'closer' than usual. "Rick and Michonne, huh?" Daryl asks, I look over at him and see he's watching them just like I was before he looked back at me, I shrugged, "I saw it coming, was just wondering when it would finally happen." He chuckled, "Me too."

We finished up with everyone and headed back home for the night. Daryl sat on the side of the bed and kicked off his boots before laying next to me, I ran my fingers through his hair as I looked him over, "I like this new look you got going on, you look like you'd be in a metal band or something." He chuckles, "I was going more for bluegrass but alright." I smirk, "Whatever you're going for, you look hot." He leaned down and kissed me softly before studying my face, "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" I chuckle, I always feel extremely special when he's so sweet to me because he's always so shut off from everyone else, "Thank you, baby." He smiled, "Ooo, baby? I like it." He kisses me again before he gets up to shut the lights off, he climbs back in next to me before he starts feeling me up and kissing my neck, I just lean back and close my eyes.

I woke up the next morning alone but I put my hand on his side of the bed and it was still warm so I knew he wasn't far. I waited a few minutes before he finally came back, I was a little caught off guard that he was still naked but just giggled as he climbed in next to me and whispered, "Good morning, Mrs. Dixon." I kissed him quickly, "Good morning." I cuddled up next to him and closed my eyes, "I gotta go soon so don't get too comfortable." I sighed as I laid on my back, "Boo." He chuckled, "Did you just say 'boo'?" I nodded, "Yeah, boo. I hate when you leave, I'm gonna be bored all day now." He laughs quickly as he gets up, he starts to get dressed, "You'll be fine, you always are. Go hang out with Liam or Spencer or something." I sigh, "Actually, I'm taking over Maggie's plans for her so I do have to go down and meet with her before you guys leave." He nods as he sets the laundry basket on the bed and digs through it before giving me some freshly washed clothes. I sigh before I got up and got dressed.

We made our way to the RV they were getting ready after stopping by the pantry for something to eat on the way there. As we approach, I see Rick and Michonne share a kiss inside the RV before stepping out, I just smirk at Michonne who smiles shyly. Rick steps in front of me, "Carl is staying behind, would you mind watching him and making sure he changes out his bandages?" I nod, "Yeah, where's Maggie?" He points at the house so I make my way over. Maggie steps out before I'm able to reach the steps, "Ah! Josie, just in time." She rushes down the steps and hands me a piece of paper, "Heres a list, I put stars next to the most important tasks that need to be done but everything else can wait until I get back if you don't get to it." I nod and look over the list, it's just a bunch miscellaneous tasks like reloading all guns, putting them in bins by the wall for easy access and watering the garden area, putting up stakes outside the wall, etc. She put her hand on my shoulder, "He'll be alright, I'll make sure of it." I smirk, "Thanks but you should just focus on keeping your baby safe right now." She smirks back, "I'll see you later." I nod before watching her walk back to the RV, they all get in and go to take off before it stops abruptly and Daryl rushes out, running toward me. He wraps me up in a hug and kisses me before turning back to leave again, "Love you!" I yell, he turns around as he's running, "Love you!" He smirks before turning back and getting in the RV. I watch as the gate closes behind them.