Twenty Four

We walked in silence for a few minutes before he asked, "What happened when you were Negan?" I sighed, "Well, I agreed to be his wife to save Daryl's life, slept with him a few times because I knew if I didn't, he'd kill Daryl. Let's see, what else?" I paused for a moment pretending to think, "Oh, yeah, was made to raid Alexandria with him then was also made to watch Daryl be treated like a slave and if I even attempted to look at him longingly, he'd be offed in a second then after I help him escape, we get back to Hilltop and he won't even look at me then we get to your town and he basically tells me that I shouldn't have done any of it and he won't be able to get passed it so now I'm stuck in a town with a man that I can't stand not to be close too." I started crying softly, "I feel like I'm already dead, all I need is for someone to stop my heart from beating." He shook his head, "Thats just more solidarity that Negan needs to be killed, I can't imagine seeing my wife being used right in front of me." I stared at the ground as we walked, "Yeah, well, I wasn't the only one." He stayed silent the rest of the way back.

I took advantage of Daryl being gone and slept most of the day after I got back. I woke up to the door opening late in the night, Daryl stepped in and closed the door behind him, "I'm going back to Hilltop in the morning to prepare for the fight, are you coming?" I sat up in the bed, "Are you sure you want me to go?" He sat on the bed beside me, "Of course I want you to go." I sighed before turning on my side to face the wall, he laid down next to me on his back, on top of the blanket, and sighed. I closed my eyes and drifted back to sleep.

We left early in the morning before anyone was even awake, we ran into Morgan on the way out and told him what we were doing before we left.

We had at least a few hour walk ahead of us so I was dreading the awkward silence the whole way. We were 15 minutes in when he finally said something, "Did you like it?" I glanced across the road at him, "What?" He didn't look at me as he repeated himself, "Did you like it when he fucked you?" I wasn't prepared for him to ever bring up Negan again so I just sighed, "No, I didn't. I'm fucking disgusted that you'd even ask that." He didn't react to what I said, he just kept asking questions, "Did you ever actually try to stop him?" I looked at the ground in shame, "Once but after I did, I saw you and that's when you had welts all over your back so I decided I'd just go along with whatever sick shit he wanted but it didn't even matter because he had whatever he wanted done to you anyways. I'm sorry." He finally glanced at me as the tears streamed down my face, "No, I'm sorry. You were just trying to help me and I was an ass to you about it. I know you didn't do anything you actually wanted to do besides be around me, I saw you a few times when you were just sitting alone somewhere and you looked so sad, it hurt me to see you like that." I shook my head, "You have nothing to be sorry for, you have every right to be mad at me, I cheated on you and I own it." He stopped and faced me but stayed across the road from me, "No, you didn't. You did what you had to do to stay alive, he would've killed you if you didn't agree to it and he probably would've done it right in front of me. It's all about proving he owns you so he takes anything he knows is important to you." I nod as he continues, "I thought about it a lot after I heard you tell Richard I'm not your husband anymore and I forgive you for what you did and you need to forgive yourself for it too." I shook my head as we started walking again, "Thats never going to happen but I'm glad you forgive me." He went to say something else but stopped when we saw a few walkers approaching.

Besides the few times he told to look out for a walker, we walked the rest of the way to Hilltop in silence. I sighed in relief once the gate closed behind us. That relief quickly banished as Sasha approached me with a scowl, "Why are you here?" I looked around in confusion, "Wha-" She shook her head, "Nah, I heard what you did in Alexandria alongside Negan and what you did to Daryl in their camp, you belong with the saviors, not us." I matched her stance and got in her face, "And just what the fuck do you think you know, huh?" She stayed so close our noses almost touched, "You married Negan and watched as Daryl was toted around as a fucking slave." She stepped closer and yelled in my face, "YOU DON'T BELONG HERE!" Jesus got in between us, "Sasha, that is not what we said, you're wrong about everything." I glared at her as she scoffed and walked away, I looked at Jesus as he turned to face me, I felt Daryl walk up beside me before I glanced at him, "Maybe I don't belong here, I should probably go." Jesus and Daryl shook their heads before Jesus said, "No, you belong here with us. She misunderstood what we told her apparently because we didn't remotely say anything like how she took it." I shook my head and stared at the ground, "Where am I staying, I'd like to be alone for the rest of my life, please." Daryl sighed as Jesus chuckled softly, "Come on." He led us over to a trailer on the far end, away from everyone else. He opened the door and led us inside, "This used to be Craig lived but he's gone now so you can stay here as long as you need." I looked around and set my bag on the bed, "Thanks." He nodded before closing the door.