First day of school

Date: September 10 20XX
Location: Upper Lake Great Hall, London, UK
Time: 10:25 AM (BST)
POV: Cookie

     So, it's the first day of school and currently, all the students are just waiting in Upper Lake's massive hall, for the principal to arrive and make a few first-day announcements. We're gonna be grouped off by last name and gender soon when the teachers arrive, but for now, we all just stand together, anyone with anyone. Rage is standing in the corner, leaning back against a wall, and when I walk into the hall, I spot him immediately. Of course, he's the only one here with electric blue hair. I wouldn't be able to spot him otherwise in the sea of people wearing their school uniforms. Speaking of which, I'm wearing that preppy uniform myself. Makes me feel like I have money.
I walk over to him, shrugging my bag off my shoulders. "Hey," I greet him, looking around. "This place is pretty big." My eyes flit to the other people standing in clumps in the crowded large room with a high, glass-clad ceiling and a large antique-looking chandelier dropping down from it. Really, I feel like I'm in Hogwarts right now. 
"Not as big as my foyer," Rage snorts, smirking and looking up at the ceiling. "Ceiling's just 35 feet high."
I roll my eyes, putting my bag down at my feet. It's pretty light right now but I have a feeling that by the end of the day that's not gonna be the case. This seems like a place where everyday ensues mountains of homework and textbooks. "Seen Will anywhere?"
Rage shrugs, unconcerned that my best friend is missing and, not to mention, almost late. "Hope he is late," he mutters, grinning at the thought of Will being late. I roll my eyes for the second time. I roll my eyes a lot when I'm around him. He gives me a lot of reasons to roll my eyes. 
Unfortunately for Rage, Will walks up to us a minute later, surprisingly not late. I hear Rage groan quietly in disappointment as I turn to say hi to Will. 
"Why were you...almost...late?" I ask Will, watching him catch his breath, almost as though he was running to get here.
"I got lost," he says simply, his breath still ragged. "This place is big as hell."
I roll my eyes, possibly for the third time now. "You think this is big? You should see his house." I stick my thumb at Rage behind us. Now it's Will's turn to roll his eyes.