Wait, he's jealous???

Date: February 25 20XX
Location: Whitewater High, Toronto
Time: 12:24 PM (EST)
POV: Cookie

     For some reason, Will's been acting pretty strange the whole day. I mean, maybe he's just weirded out by me dating someone I'm known to hate, but it shouldn't be his problem, should it? He barely talked to me today, just the usual "hey" and the pleasantries. Usually he talks way more than that. But now I'm standing at my locker and Will isn't there to talk with me like he usually is.
    "Cat!"
I whip around to see Rage looking at me (and subtly flipping me off too). I ignore his middle finger and walk to him. 
"Why so gloomy?" he asks cheerfully, adjusting his hair clips and ponytail. He seems to be having a little trouble with that, so I pull him to an empty corridor. He blinks.
"Turn around, I'll untangle your hair for you," I say, rolling my eyes.
"Fine."
As I attempt to unknot his hair, I think of how to answer his 'why so gloomy' question.
"Will's been avoiding me," I say, putting the rubber band between my teeth so both my hands are free. 
I can't see Rage's face, but I know he's grinning. 
"Stop smiling, it's not funny," I say through my teeth.
"He's just jealous."
I stop untangling his hair abruptly, the rubber band falling out of my mouth. "What did you say?"
Rage turns his head to look at me. "Said he's jealous."
My eyes widen. "Of me?!"
He shrugs. "Nah, of me. He wants to be me."
"Well, any guy would want to be you. I mean, look at all your money, your popularity, your status, your..."
"Good looks?"
I look away. "Yeah, that too."
Seriously, what's with this guy's ego? I pick up the rubber band. "Well, in any case, he's not jealous. Maybe it's because you very rudely kicked him out of your house last night," I say, trying to regain my composure.
"I gave him a whole-ass twenty, so he's got no fucking reason to be mad at me."
He snatches the rubber band from me and just re-ties his hair.
And then, for no apparent reason, we're kissing again. Getting into this relationship really has made my brain too slow on the uptake, or maybe Rage is just too fast for me. 
"Not in the middle of the hallway!"
I turn my head 40 degrees to see Will at the end of the corridor. "Wha-"
"Jesus, get a room or something," he calls out and disappears back to where he came from.