Get a Job, Cat.

Date: February 17 20XX
Location: Timber Estate, Toronto
Time: 10:02 PM (EST)
POV: Cookie

     "Cat, you've looked at the clothes for long enough," says Rage while looking at his watch. He's sitting down next to me and has been staring for a while. "It's already 10."
"Oh, don't mind me, you go to sleep and do your thing," I say offhandedly, examining a silk sundress. "I'll just be in your sister's room, crying over the fact that these are so gorgeous and I can't ever have anything this fabulous. Go and sleep."
He scoffs. "And wake up to find you here crying about your financial status still? Man, that's so depressing."
"Like you care about how I feel."
He's giving me the weird grimace/amused face again. I don't know what that means. I don't know how to read minds. Speaking of minds, there's something I have to confirm.
"Sometimes you seem like you're reading people's minds," I say, my eyes still on that gorgeous dress. "Is that true?" 
I'm only asking as a joke, but I don't think his answer is a joke. 
"Huh, yeah, why?" he says casually. I shake my head, and shiver at the fact he's been in my head ever since I was 6, and has had access to every thought for more than a decade. 
"But don't worry, I don't really like your thoughts." Is that supposed to be reassuring? 
"I'm glad."
"But, I know what you think of me."
"Fuck you."
"Am I really as hot as you think I am? Or is that a lie?"
"Do you really think I would lie in my thoughts? You're fucking stupid."
"Now, that is a lie. I'm many things, but I'm not stupid."
"I know. You're going to Upper Lake with me."
"How do you know? You haven't even gotten in. And neither have I, for the record."
"Well, I hope I get in. But I dunno where I'll get the money."
"Get a job, Cat."
"Okay..."
He pulls me into his arms and I go gladly. I actually am very tired, it's just that these clothes are way too alluring. I have to look at them (and cry over my financial status). It's too...Gucci. 
I don't know how long we stay like that, but it's been a while, I can tell.
Then Rage's cell phone rings.
     "Hello?" he says into the phone. I don't know what the person on the other end says, but it makes Rage's face fall fast. 
"Seriously, mom?"
More pausing.
"Sie haben Ihr drittes Auto in zwei Jahren verungluckt. Bist du jetzt STOLZ auf dich?!"  
I think that's German, but I dunno what it means. Whatever it is, it sounds hot. And mad.
"What do you mean I shouldn't take that tone with you? I don't care if you're my mom, du bist BETRUNKEN und das ist nicht gut!"
So he's arguing with his mom, who's...drunk?
"You can't take my Maserati. Go buy another one."
....
"If you can buy every single Lamborghini, you can buy another Maserati. Now go take it to the shop, and when you've fixed the car, then call me."
....
"You have billions to burn, mom. Just get a new one."
With almost 200 cars, I don't see why Rage's mom wants a new one.