F u n .

Date: July 15 20XX
Location: Timber Estate, Toronto
Time: 7:14 PM (EST)
POV: Cookie

     I've started coming over to Rage's place for no reason whatsoever, mainly because his house is a work of art. He asked me once and I think the answer he was expecting was something along the lines of, "Oh, it's because you're the hottest guy I know and you're just so irresistible and I can't stand being away from you for more than 10 minutes. Obviously." 
But I just said, "I like your house. It's cool. And it has air conditioning."  
Lately, he's been turning off the AC when I come over. Maybe it's out of spite. His parents are never home so there's no one to complain anyways. 

     "You're here again," says Rage wearily, opening the front door. 
"Yeah," I reply, staring at the door. I'm always so enraptured by it. It's a humongous black pivot door that looks too heavy to push, but Rage always does it smoothly. Who knows, maybe it's oiled well. 
I walk inside the house, breathing in deeply. As always, it's nice and cool. Today was a particularly hot day and I was having trouble sleeping 'cause my fan broke a couple days ago. I didn't expect Rage to be asleep anyways. 
The housekeepers must put air fresheners in discreet places because whenever I come here, it always smells like a light perfume but I can never seem to figure out where it's coming from. It smells different everyday. Today's scent happens to be a light lemongrass mixed in with a delicate hint of wisteria (I only know what wisteria smells like because my apartment neighbour plants a couple of wisteria plants in his balcony). It gives the illusion that space is wide and open, but in Rage's house, it's never an illusion. 
"Why does your house always smell so nice?" I whine, feeling jealous. "My place smells like food, which is good but it makes me wanna overeat."
Rage opens a hidden compartment in the dark marble wall. I didn't even know it was there; it blends in brilliantly with the wall. He pulls out an air freshener. "Because Febreze."
Well, I gotta get some of that to put in my place.

    "So, you just came here because you couldn't sleep?" 
"My fan's busted, of course I couldn't sleep," I say impatiently. "You've probably never dealt with a broken fan in your whole entire, fancy life."
Rage looks at me, blinks, then looks back at the city skyline. We're on the fourth floor balcony. The city looks so small and pretty from here. 
After a few seconds of silence, Rage, not looking at me, says, "You wanna go for a drive?"
Now I blink. "Drive? It's almost 7:30!"
He looks down at me. I don't like that I'm so short. "So what? Neither of us can sleep. So let's go do something fun."
Something about that just sounds dirty. Maybe it's the wording. "Fun?"
Rage was already weary when I came in, now he just looks exasperated. "Not like that, unless you want to...?"
The end of his sentence goes up as if he's asking a question. What, is he asking if I wanna fuck? Sheesh. He's joking.
"Yeah, okay, let's go drive."
"Okay, but you didn't answer my question-"
"That was a question?!"