Chapter 77

Y/N POV

"Hey, guys." You say softly, kicking your shoes off before bending down to place them in the little cubby hole.

"How was the appointment?" S/N asks, "You're not wearing the brace?"

You stand up, nodding in agreement, as you move and sit in the floor to see everyone, "I'm not completely without the sling yet." You answer, "I have to wear it when I sleep, but during the day I can go without as long as I try to keep mobility to a minimum. They gave me new exercises to try and build the muscle back up, because right now I can barely hold the sling with my fingers." You say with a sigh.

"She was also scolded for not doing the previous exercises while she was in that room." Sejin says, moving to stand behind the couch, "She knows better. And she also knows that now there's going to be eyes on her to make sure that they're done every day, at least every 3 hours from what the doc said. The only time she doesn't have to do it is when she's in the sling, when she's sleeping."

"I'm not a toddler, Sejin. I know I fucked up." You say, rolling your eyes, "I was already giving myself hell before I even told the doctor, and then they went in on me. It's not going to happen again, regardless."

"Well at least you still have your attitude." Your best friend says, small smile on her face when you turn to look at her, "At least there's a new plan for treatment. In the meantime, you know we need to talk. All of us."

You nod, looking at the floor as you take a breath, "I know." You answer, looking back up, "I don't know how to do this. How to explain or talk about it. So please, give me some time if I'm having trouble. Unfortunately, Sejin saw everything, so if I'm having trouble.. he'd be able to clarify more."

"What do you mean?" Your sister asks.

"I didn't know this until this morning." You say with a sigh, "When he was helping me in the hospital.. he saw everything. Everything I wrote, he saw. I don't know if he saw it from my eyes, or if he saw it in another perspective. Sejin, tell them what you told me this morning." You say, looking at him.

"Are you sure?" He asks, eyebrows furrowing.

You nod, "Everything needs to be said. Like I told you this morning: BF/N was right. It's not fair for me to treat myself differently and not let anyone in if I won't let anyone do the same. It needs to be said, all of it. Including this, because this is something that I don't remember. Didn't remember. It's something you saw from when I died. They need to know."

You watch all of them turn their heads towards Sejin, mostly with confusion, but some with worry. You focus on him, nodding again in encouragement, "Please, Sejin. I can't tell them if I don't remember it properly. It's not fair to them." You say softly.

He sighs as he nods, moving away from the back of the couch and moving to sit next to you in the floor. You rub his back softly, trying to calm him some, "It's hard for other people to see what empath's do." You say, looking around the room, "When we see things like what he saw.. we feel everything. Everything Karmen put me through, he felt like he was the one being hurt. I need his help to explain this, because I don't remember exactly what I felt. I don't remember my heart stopping. The last thing I remember is falling over. But with him explaining it, he's having to relive those memories that are supposed to be mine."

He nods, letting you take your hand off his back, "When we were inside, none of us could hear anything. All we could do was watch. S/N and BF/N, you heard. You heard and watched and wasn't able to do anything. What I saw, what I felt, it was like I was in her body."

He takes a breath before looking up, meeting the eyes of everyone, "Her one focus was protecting everyone. Keeping Karmen away from all of us. She was going to go willingly, not going to put up a fight if it meant keeping all of us safe." Sejin meets the eyes of your best friend, "What she told her? What caused Y/N to fight? Karmen told her she was going to die."