Chapter 30

Y/N POV

You take a deep breath, knowing the conversation is about to get serious. You look at your best friend and sister through video call.

"BF/N, are you coherent and awake?" You ask.

She nods immediately, "Yep, I'm good. What's up?"

"I need both of you to listen and not interrupt. I want you both to know that the reason why you both didn't know before now, is honestly because I'm ashamed of it." You say, reaching for Tae's hand, where he squeezes.

"I'm having to make a report against Karmen." You say, looking back at them.

"The doctor came in after I woke up. She had to check on me, my lip, the concussion.. and my ribs." You say looking down.

You take a deep breath and look back at the camera, "She did a lot of things to me, as you both know. You just didn't know the extent. I have scars, and I'm not talking about the mental ones." You say. You can see the confusion in their faces.

"I have scars. Deep ones." You say, continuing," Dr. Kim says that the one she saw may cause problems for me later on. I had to tell her everything." You squeeze Tae's hand, and he squeezes back.

You pull up your tank top just enough to show the one on your ribs, and you point the camera to it. You hear nothing from them, but you know they're upset. But you didn't know if they were upset towards you.

You pull your shirt down, and moving the camera back to you, "That's the only one she saw, and it was enough for her to contact the cops. Even though I told her that she's in jail." You say.

You look back at the camera and you see so much in their faces. Between pain, anger, hurt, and sorrow. You close your eyes and take a breath, "I have more scars like that. They're all over my back." You say softly, "Tae took a picture for the police, but I'm having him text it to either Hobi or Yoongi, whichever y'all prefer. I don't want you to see them, but you need to." You say, looking back at Tae.

"Are you sure?" He asks softly.

You nod, "They need to know, and I need to heal from this." You say.

He nods and you look back at the camera as he pulls out his phone, "Who does he need to send this to?" You ask.

"All of us." You hear Yoongi say as he leans into the frame, "Send it to all of us. We're all here, but only me and Hoseok could see the one on your ribs." He says.

You nod and look at Tae, "Go ahead." You say to him.

He sends the picture and you can hear gasps from the phone. You see Yoongi give his phone to your best friend, who angles it so that her and your sister could see together.

Your sister places her hand over her mouth and she closes her eyes, and your best friend can't seem to look away.

"Why?" You hear your best friend ask.

"She did a lot of it when I pissed her off. Other times was when she had a bad day at work. The rest were just because she 'wanted to hurt' me." You tell them. You feel Tae release your hand and place it on the small of your back, rubbing his thumb up and down.

You hear you sister start to cry, and you best friend looks away from the phone, handing it back to Yoongi, as she pulls your sister closer.

"I'm sorry." You say softly, looking away.

"Look at the camera, Y/N." You hear your best friend say, and you slowly look back up. Her eyes are intense, and you can tell she's pissed, "Don't you dare apologize for that that cunt did to you. Don't you dare apologize for not telling us. You have a reason for everything, and we trust you. But Y/N." She says, looking back at your sister.