all down the drain

"Lip, I know you're in there! You can't ignore me forever!" I hear Amanda scream from outside Lip's dorm, "Jesus Christ." Lip mutters as he stops thrusting, "We're done." I say, moving forward and standing up, "Sorry." He runs his fingers through his hair as he wipes the wetness from his dick with a blanket, "That's gross." I tease as I put my clothes back on, "Our cum is all over this bed, I don't want to hear it." Lip says and throws the blanket at me, "Fuck off!" I shout and move towards his door, "Coming to the hospital with me to pick up Ian?" He asks as I have my hand on the doorknob, "Of course." I say and walk back over to him to give him a kiss, "I love you." He smiles as our lips attach, "I love you too, see you later. Have fun." I chuckle, hinting at Amanda who is now banging on his door, "Fucking crazy bitch." Lip groans, "Don't let her in." He warns, "Oh, I am." I smile and open the door wide, "Who'd he choose?" I mouth to her as I push by her, going to my car. Weird bitch.

++

"Hey, glad you made it." Lip says to me as soon as I step out of my car, "Sorry I couldn't pick you up, class ran late." I sigh and he wraps his arm around me, "It's okay, we're both here now." Lip says, kissing the side of my head, "Fi's inside." He explains as he guides me into the psych unit. "Mickey?" I ask and he shakes his head, "I'll kill him." I scoff, "Hey guys." Fiona greets us with a stressed smile on her face, "Hey." "I can't believe we're back here." Lip sighs and sits next to Fiona, "I know," Fiona sighs, "Makes me want to throw up." She adds and Lip's hands begin to fidget so I place one of mine in between his, "It's okay." I whisper, "You two back together?" Fiona asks, "Fucking, kissing, more fucking. No title." I explain, "Never thought I'd hear those words come out of your mouth." Fiona chuckles, "Neither did I." Lip mutters, "Basically just means I can't get upset with him if he cheats on me because well, technically we aren't together." I shrug. "Not going to be with anybody else unless it is dire circumstances." Lip explains, "What's more dire than Sade? She's dealt with your shit for years and all of our shit." Fiona chuckles, and just when Lip was going to answer the nurse calls, "Gallagher!" We all jump up, full of anxiety and nerves.

We are guided into an office where a woman sat with a very stern expression on her face, "Hi, I'm Mr. Gallagher's counselor. Please have a seat." She says without moving from her chair. "Sit." Lip says, offering me one out of two of the open seats, "Thank you." I say, sitting as he stands in between Fiona and I, "Who are you?" She asks, "Uh, Fiona Gallagher. Ian's sister. Lip Gallagher, Ian's brother and Sadie M-Gallagher, close family." Fiona explains, resting her hand on top of mine, "Okay. Mr. Gallagher has signs of Bipolar one, acute mania with psychotic features. This means-" "We know what it means." Lip cuts her off, "Can we just take him home?" Fiona asks as we all begin to move uncomfortably. "I understand that there's a family history and that this diagnosis is difficult to hear, but I do need to go over a few specifics as regards to Ian." She explains and Fiona lets out a deep exhale, "He's refusing his diagnosis, we had to make med compliance a requirement for his release." The counselor says, folding her hands over Ian's charts, "Alright so what you're saying is we need to hold him down and make him take his meds?" Lip asks, "Well, I'm saying that it will take his meds about two weeks to really start working. Until then, yes I am suggesting he be carefully supervised." She explains and all three of us sigh, "I'm giving you a one week supply of antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, and sedatives." She says, placing three bottles in front of us, "He needs to take one pill from each of those bottles with food three times a day." Lip's head drops and I grab his hand, "You have a week to get him to a psychiatrist if he's insured and-" "Or a clinic if he's not, which he's not." Fiona says, looking at the bottles that are now in her hands, "We know the drill." Fiona says, putting the bottles in her purse, "Don't be surprised if he mostly sleeps." The lady adds on, collecting her files, "Hey, we get it. They get it." I explain as she walks out of the office, "Ian will be here shortly." She says, closing the door behind her, "Fuck." Lip sighs, "Yeah." Fiona sighs back.