Chapter 46

"Good news guys, Shreya is two weeks pregnant, congratulations Abhay you're going to be a father" Rao informed happily but his happiness changed into seriousness when he saw Shlok and Abhay's faces.

There were no expressions on their faces, they both were constantly looking at each other.

"She's not ready for this child, Abhay…." Shlok said and sat beside him, who literally held his head in his palm.

"Our first priority must be to take her to her father's funeral," Shlok sighed and Rao's expressions changed. He was looking so shocked to hear this.

"Abhay, I know that it is compulsory to tell her everything about her father but She's not really well mentally nor physically and now this child, if you tell her anything then you will only hurt her" Rao suggested.

Abhay and Shlok looked at him like they were looking at some mad person.

"Are you out of your mind? If she gets to know that I have hidden about her father then she will never forgive me, and I can't bear her anger. It's her right to know about her father….Shlok you reach there with Priyal…I will be there with Shreya afterall she will light the prey of her father" Abhay completed and hid his face in his palms.

"Abhay, you know that in our tradition women don't lighten the prey" Shlok said but before Abhay could reply his phone rang.

"Why is Aravind calling?"

"Ohh so this news spread till Jodhpur" Abhay saw Shlok who nodded and spoke.

"Jii khama ghani papa"

"Ohh okay….yeah…But what about Aanya?...
okay, but still if only you will come then it will be okay because Aanya also needs someone there we can't leave her there alone…..
Are you sure?...okay then I am waiting"

Shlok cut the call and saw Abhay who was also waiting for him to speak.

"Papa and Aravind are coming, but Aanya's health is good so she is not coming, and Aravind will return today itself but papa will stay here for some days and I am sure that he and Priyal will handle Shreya, so now go and wake her up" Shlok put a hand on Abhay's shoulder and got up.

We left and Abhay stood up to leave for his room but his steps stopped in the middle when he heard Rao's voice.

"Abhay, think once again, anything can happen with Shreya or your child, it's your first child and the next boss of all of us" Rao said without turning to Abhay who was standing on the staircase.

Abhay looked at him and stayed silent, Rao took a relief sighed he thought that Abhay was going to drop the plan of telling her but Abhay replied straightly.

"I already thought about it and about something will happen with my wife then it's not happening until I am alive and my child then he came on a very crucial time if he came for being my child then Noone can do anything but if his life is just for some hour then nobody can save him. But I can't lie to Shreya '' He said and went upstairs in his room.

He went upstairs and saw her sleeping soundly, he went into the closet room and changed into a simple white kurta and pajama. Then he sat beside her and caressed her hair and he took her in his arms tightly.

"Shreya, jaan wake up…." Abhay called her and Shreya opened her eyes slowly. He looked up at Abhay, his calm face gave her peace but as was again going to keep her head on his chest she saw his attire.

"Abhay, why are you wearing this…you don't wear these kinds of clothes…" She asked because she knows very well how much he loves his dark color clothes. He usually doesn't wear kurta and pajamas as he hates to wear them.