Chapter 53- Comfort

All of us in our onesies watching a scary movie, I'm in between Bailey and Kalston with him to my right. I keep covering my eyes when the scene gets too much. I used to love watching all the gore and scary parts of movies, but even though I'm able to handle them still, I notice they stay in my head, repeating themselves even when I would rather them not. So, I stick to trying not to watch them to begin with.

Kalston slips his fingers between mine and my stomach does its usual thing of fluttering at his touch. I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to it. His thumb caresses mine, and I find it hard to keep my focus on the movie. Something I'm more than okay with.

"Remind me again why we picked this one?"

Bailey asks when cringing from another gory scene, which says a lot if even she is questioning her pick.

"Uh, not we, love, but you. You said it was better than the first one."

Kalston leans in close to me.

"Since when did you start saying, love? Trying to steal my thing are we?"

I realized too lately that I've unintentionally picked it up.

"Sorry, it's a bad habit of mine. I sort of pick up on things and repeat it unintentionally."

Bailey pausing the movie, she seems as though she might want to pick a different one.

"Yeah, she's a bit of a mimic. Always kind of has been, but it seems as though you're rubbing off on me now, Maddy. I think you're making me weak towards gore."

Laughing, it's no surprise that we would reflect each other some after living together for so long.

"Okay, I'm getting hungry. What do you guys say about some snacks?"

She stands, and heads to the kitchen before even getting a response from either of us.

"I'm in the mood for something sweet, what about ya'll?"

"Yeah, sounds great. What about some ice cream? Are you good with that?"

I turn to Kalston to see what he wants.

"I'm good with that too. I saw you guys had sherbert, that's my favorite."

He smiles warmly, it's one that softens his eyes and makes them seem more of a sky blue instead of ice.

He really is gorgeous.

"Mine too."

We both head into the kitchen to help Bailey out with the ice cream. It's a nice rest of the evening as things pass as they have been already. Us spending time together, enjoying our little family, just the three of us. The night grows on until it's gone without realizing.