Chapter 54: Robert Berdella - The Sexual Sadist of Kansas City - Part 1

Hi, hello! How are you? I hope you're having a good day so far and I'm so happy to have you back.

We have spoken about cannibals before but rarely a sadistic butcher... Well, guess there's a first time for everything. You guys are NOT ready for this one. Like really not. 

DISCLAIMER: The following is intended for mature readers ONLY. It contains really graphic descriptions of crime scenes AND graphic images as well as strong language. Reader discretion is advised!!!

Before getting into it, there'll be another chapter regarding this case because of the amount of pictures. Since I can't include all of them in one chapter only, I'm sorry, but you'll have to bear with me :) 

I also won't be commenting as much because if I do on every single detail I find weird or I have something to say about, this case will be at least 10 chapters long. So, I'll TRY to keep my comments to myself but just for the record, any sus opinion you might have, just know I'm probably right there with you. 

Alrighty, grab your wine, grab your snacks and popcorn and let's get into the story.

***

In Ohio, January 31, 1949, was a joyous occasion for Robert Berdella Sr, as his wife Marie had just given birth to their first child, Robert Berdella Jr.

Robert was the eldest of two siblings in the family. At the age of 5, the family relocated to Cuyahoga Falls, where Robert spent his formative years as a Catholic youth under the strict guidance of his father.

 At the age of 5, the family relocated to Cuyahoga Falls, where Robert spent his formative years as a Catholic youth under the strict guidance of his father

The Berdella household was the typical American nuclear family. They regularly attended church and the father worked at Ford Motors Company which provided the family with a comfortable middle-class lifestyle, while the mother dedicated herself to caring for the home and children.

Robert Sr., an Italian-American and devout Catholic, was not gentle with his sons. He enforced strict discipline, often resorting to a leather belt to leave a lasting impression on their minds. However, the physical abuse was accompanied by intense psychological pressure. The father's words were verbally abusive, constantly instilling negative emotions in his sons. Throughout it all, Marie had no say in this and remained neutral as her husband mistreated their children.

Keep in mind that we're between the 50s and 60s in the US. so... the perception of things during that period contrasts with the one we know today. 

Robert Jr.'s relationship with his father isn't likely to get better over time, especially given the widening gap between him and his brother, Daniel. Daniel's passion for sports, especially his talents in athletics, has forged a strong connection with their father, which in turn has distanced Robert Jr. from the family dynamics. Unlike his father and Daniel, Robert Jr. has complete opposite interests. He enjoys reading, collecting coins, and communicating with people from different countries. This last aspect holds great significance for him as he gains great knowledge about various cultures from distant nations such as Vietnam, France, Japan, and others.