Chapter 92 - Volker Eckert - German Serial Strangler

On November 17, 2006, the police in the town of Wesseling, near Cologne in Germany, conducted a routine check of a heavy goods vehicle. Quickly, the officers noticed that the license plate matched the one recorded two weeks earlier on surveillance footage showing a man disposing of a body near a football field in Catalonia. They then proceeded to search the vehicle and made very disturbing discoveries...

That was just a preview of the case we're going to delve into today. We'll be focusing on a German serial killer who operated across Europe in the 1990s and 2000s. He's quite intriguing, eerie, and bizarre.

Regarding this case, I'd like to issue a specific warning for this chapter. I'll be talking about fetishism, and I want to clarify that being a fetishist absolutely does not imply a desire to harm or attack people. One can be a fetishist and a killer, but in most cases, one is a fetishist without harming anyone at all.

***

Volker Eckert was born on July 1, 1959, in a medium-sized town in East Germany, just a few kilometers from the Czech border, Plauen.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Volker lived with his parents as well as his two brothers and sister. Very little is known about his family background and childhood. However, one thing we do know is that from a young age, Volker manifested a keen interest in something rather unusual: women's hair. At this point, we can even speak of an obsession or fetishism, as contact with hair deeply affected him.

There's a name for this: trichophilia. Someone with trichophilia experiences sexual excitement from the sight and/or touch of hair, fur, wigs, or any combination of these. I know - it's crazy that they have a name for that.

Volker was initially a very withdrawn boy, and he became even more introverted due to his early puberty, which he dared not discuss with anyone. He experienced sexual urges he didn't know how to handle, causing him to feel ashamed.

At the age of 9, he developed an obsession with one of his sister's dolls, which had long blonde hair. He saw this as an opportunity to relieve his overwhelming sexual urges. He then experienced his first sexual feelings while touching this doll's hair while lying in bed with it. Around the same time, he also became interested in his mother's wigs, which he discovered in the attic.

As a teenager, Volker's parents' marriage began to seriously deteriorate and eventually ended in divorce. Volker took his father's side and vowed never to get married to avoid the same fate as his parents. Following the divorce, he clearly sided with his father but remained with his mother. She raised him alone, and he began to become rebellious, committing quite serious mischief, such as stealing her car to drive recklessly around the city.

As for his obsession with women's hair, it never left him; in fact, it only grew stronger over time. Volker was 14 in 1974, and that was the year he began to feel the need to satisfy his urges on something other than a mere doll. He came to the conclusion that no woman would ever willingly let him touch her hair. He then began to consider using violence to fulfill his fantasies on a real person. So, in class, he looked around and started identifying female classmates with long hair as potential victims.

Shadows of the Past: True Crime and Historical Enigmasजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें