Chapter 49: The Murder of Desirée Piovanelli

Hi, hello! How are you? 

Today, we're traveling back in time and we're in Italy, and let me repeat what I often say at the beginning of the cases, y'all ain't ready!

DISCLAIMER: The following is intended for mature readers ONLY. It contains graphic descriptions of crime scenes and strong language. Reader discretion is advised.

Now, grab your wine, grab your snacks and popcorn and let's get into the story.

**

Leno is a small town located in northern Italy, in the province of Brescia.

The town is calm, with a population of approximately 14,000 inhabitants, far from the hustle and bustle of cities like Rome or Milan

It's so pretty and it looks like one of those postcard pictures... Damn, I should really fly out there. To Italy, not the town, cause some weird shit happened there and you'll know all about it in a second.

On the evening of September 28, 2002, at approximately 7 p.m., the atmosphere at the local police station was anything but relaxed. A woman and a man approached the police officers with visible concern. They sat down at a desk to express their distress: one of their four children, 14-year-old Desirée Piovanelli, had gone missing.

 They sat down at a desk to express their distress: one of their four children, 14-year-old Desirée Piovanelli, had gone missing

The teenager hasn't been seen since early afternoon when she left her parents' house around 3 p.m., telling them she'd spend time with friends. Her parents didn't see any issue with it, and like any teenager her age, she was given instructions to return home at a specific time.

Curfews, I think, are very normal at that age. 

However, as it is now 7 p.m., there is still no news of Desirée, which naturally causes anxiety for her parents. So, they have turned to the police for help.

Upon hearing this, the officers don't find the duration of her absence alarming. To them, her absence doesn't suggest she has disappeared at an unusual hour, nor has she spent an entire night outside without notifying anyone. To them, she's just a typical teenager, so it's plausible she extended her afternoon with her friends, and when she returns, her parents should be informed of the full story.