Chapter 5: Paris Bennett - The Psychopath, Killer & Genius - Part 1

Hi, hello! How are you? I hope you're having a wonderful day so far and I'm so glad to have you back.

Today's case is about Paris Bennett.

Now, grab your wine, grab your snacks and popcorn and let's get into the story.

****

On the 5th of February 2007, Charity Lee, a 34-year-old mother, was working at Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant near Abilene, Texas. It happened to be Super Bowl Sunday, a busy day for the restaurant, but Charity disliked football. 

At around 12:30 a

At around 12:30 a.m., police officers entered the restaurant and approached Charity. They delivered a piece of news that no mother ever wants to receive: her 4-year-old daughter, Ella, had been injured.

Charity was taken aback because she had left Ella and her 13-year-old son, Paris, at home under the care of a 21-year-old university student babysitter. 

So instinctively this is horrifying, and she knows that she needs to be with Ella, and she says to the police officers "take me to her". However, when they arrived at the scene, they delivered the most devastating news imaginable: Ella had passed away.

Sometimes I think about those moments where somebody has information to give us that would change our lives forever and for her, this is synonymous with the reality and how her life has played out since. The second she's informed everything transforms. The reality that she knew is now a nightmarish reality that she never thought she'd need to entertain.

After learning about the tragic death of her beloved daughter, Charity's immediate concern was the well-being of her son. She feared that something might have happened to him as well. The officers then informed her, "We have him..."

Now if things didn't make sense to her a second ago, finding out that her daughter is dead, then what she's about to hear next will literally make her feel like she has stepped through the looking glass because...

The officers tell her that her son's been arrested and he's been taken into custody.

Oh. Why, do you ask?

Well, Paris admitted to killing his younger half-sister.