George Trepal - Murder Mystery Party Gone Wrong - Part 2

Therefore, the FBI decides to infiltrate the Mensa club, and that's where Special Agent Susan Goreck aka Sherry Guin, comes in.

She develops the character of a Texan woman, a victim of abuse from her ex-husband, who wants to start a new life. She adopts a personality tailored to boost George's diminished ego: a shy, victimized, and somewhat malleable woman. The FBI decided to target George because, based on his psychological profile, they believed he would be the most easily approachable person.

After several weeks of crafting her character, Susan Goreck starts her infiltration mission to bring down George by gaining access to the Mensa club.

I wonder if the admission tests were tampered with...but in any case, she managed to pass as a legitimate Mensa member.

There, she quickly befriends George, who finally feels valued in the eyes of a woman. She takes an interest in his life, laughs at his jokes, and listens to him talk for hours.

Sounds dreadful...

Some time after Peggy's death, the famous murder party takes place. Susan is stunned to see how closely the scenario describes Peggy Carr's poisoning. So, she tries to learn more about this scenario, whether it was inspired by real events, and the process of creating it. She tries to gather as much information as possible. In fact, most of the time, she carries a microphone with her. The problem is that George doesn't confess.

One day, she arranges to meet him in a park for a picnic, something they did quite often. There, she tells him that she wants to get revenge on her abusive ex-husband, hoping he will confess something. George advises her, but he doesn't tell her to poison him.

Obviously; it would have been too simple.

Instead, he suggests that the best way to get revenge on her ex-husband, who is a lawyer, is to ruin his reputation by spreading a rumor that he abused a child.

I mean... okay? He could've just suggested she start a rumor about him tampering with cases or something, but sure, let's go with a chomo.

Anyways, there's nothing to be done; George leaves no clues about Peggy's murder.

During their picnic conversation, Susan isn't sure if George suspects her or not.

Because George isn't the type of guy to confront or attack her. Those two things would've been a gift because:

If he suspects her, he would poison her, and she would die a slow and painful death, one that would probably be impossible to link to George.

Every time they meet, they have coffee together, eat biscuits. At any moment, Susan risks her life. Every time she meets him, she replays in her head all the elements she told him, every little detail, even the most insignificant ones, because the slightest misstep could cost her her life.