Chapter 45: Jenelle Potter & The Facebook Murders

Hi, hello! How are you? I hope you're having a good day so far and I'm so happy to have you back!

The Potter case is full of twists and turns, and even though we know the culprits, it may not be as obvious to guess, and especially to understand. The media at the time and even today are on the lookout, as it is a rather tragic story involving a mother found murdered with her baby covered in blood, still in her arms.

What's for sure is that after this story, you will think twice before accepting a friend request on social media.

As usual, here are the trigger warnings that might disturb you during this chapter: If you are sensitive to these topics, I advise you to read another chapter. Today, violence will be addressed, as well as mental illness and cyberbullying. 

Now that's out of the way, grab your snacks and popcorn and let's get into the story.

*******

The story takes place in 2012 in Mountain City, as the name suggests, in the mountains of Tennessee. Mountain City is a small town with 2,415 residents in 2020. There are barely three or four shops, and the residents all know each other, more or less, even if only by sight. The town is described as a fairly benevolent place to live, and most of the residents are Christians.

Ultimately, it's quite stereotypical, an American small town as one imagines, in a "Desperate Housewives" vibe

It is there that the Potter family settled in 2005.

Given that I know some of you, I prefer to clarify that they have nothing to do with Harry Potter.

The Potter family consists of five members. Barbara Potter, the mother, works for the computer brand HP. The father, Marvin Potter, is a retired military man who still takes his former job very seriously - maybe even too seriously, as he continues to carry one or even two weapons on him at all times.

 The father, Marvin Potter, is a retired military man who still takes his former job very seriously - maybe even too seriously, as he continues to carry one or even two weapons on him at all times

It is said in the family circle that Marvin worked for the CIA, and Barbara didn't hesitate to brag about it.

Can you blame her though? Having a family member working for the CIA is quite classy.