Chapter 11: Issei Sagawa - The Japanese Cannibal

Hi, hello! How are you? I hope you're having a good day so far and I'm so happy to have you back!

I don't think we've ever covered a cannibal case before... I'm gonna change that.  Ever heard about Issei Sagawa? No? Well, let's change that!

DISCLAIMER: The following is intended for mature readers ONLY. It contains graphic descriptions of crime scenes, adult dialogue, and strong language. Reader discretion is advised. If you're sensitive, a vegetarian, or have just eaten, perhaps it's best to skip this chapter for now and return to it later. Because today, babies, we will be talking about a hell of a cannibal.

I don't want to spoil...but you know me by now...: 

Beside being a cannibal, what makes his story even worse is the fact that he is not incarcerated. Yes, you read that right. He is freely roaming around, like a stray cat. 

No, not a cat- I like cats :( umm... This monster's a bird! Skinny ugly ass bird! (I got a phobia of anything with wings so sounds about right)

Now, grab your wine, grab your snacks and popcorn and let's get into the story.

*****

Issei Sagawa was born on April 26th, 1949, in Kobe, Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan. Issei was born into a wealthy and traditional family in Japan, one that was filled with love. His father, Akira Sagawa, achieved great success as a businessman and served as the president of Kurita Water Industries, earning a lot of income. Issei's grandfather held the position of editor at a prominent Japanese newspaper called The Asahi Shimbun. As for Issei's mother, she devoted herself to caring for the family and fulfilled the role of a stay-at-home mom.

So, they're doing great. Financially. That doesn't mean everything else is great, but you know.

Issei had a younger brother who was born two years after him, but they were very close, and they almost raised them like twins

However, he faced challenges from early on. His mother suffered a fall down a flight of stairs while pregnant with Issei, almost resulting in a miscarriage. It had been reported that he was born prematurely.