With a peek, I saw that the swordsman was in no better shape.

Should I save her?

Not to forget that because of her pity that I am alive. It was damaging my ego but. And also she seems like a noble and saving her can benefit me.

I made up my mind and channeled more mana to my arms, legs, and my back and closed my distance with them and with a powerful swing to the side I sliced the monsters in half and the others got launched to the ground by the gust of wind.

I looked at the girl laying down. She was covered in blood. I didn't mind it and made some distance between the three of them.

Their questions can be troublesome.

And suddenly the crimson red sky cleared and the blue sky made its appearance like nothing happened. The corpses scattered around also disappeared into thin air.

The red orb and the pillar it was holding disappeared.

I swung my sword clearing the blood on it.

Suddenly the brown-haired swordsman came near me.

"I must thank you for your accompany. Because of you, Lady Caera is alive." He dipped his head a little and I also answered him with a little dip.

Should I ask questions? No, it will make me suspicious.

"After twelve hours make sure you are well prepared." He then turned and went to where the crimson-haired warrior and unconscious Caera were.

I sighed and searched for a safe place to sit. The alacyrans already set up their camps and we're already cooking and resting.

The smell of the meat was making my mouth savory. And adding that I didn't eat anything for who knows how long, it was making me more hungry.

But I sighed and lay down on the grassy ground. It brings back memories. When I lost my battle with Scythe and escaped from him.

Along with these memories, I was getting sad too. Despite I didn't have anyone to miss, I missed Noe much.

When she first hatched, she was just a little owl and when I last saw her, she could also change to little girl.

...

I got pulled from my thoughts. Ugh, the smell is getting strong...

Some training can make me busy. I was lost in my thoughts again. Everywhere I go there is an aether. And the words of the Moon Deity about manipulating aether.

We get mana core to use mana-related things. So what about a core that can help me manipulate, and use aether?

But what a meaningless words. Suddenly I remembered what Arthur said to me.

It was before all the wars when we were adventurers. We were talking and the topic changed to mana cores.

If I remember correctly he told me that he formed the core on his own, collecting and connecting particles. That time I thought he was spouting bullshit but now look at me. I think I will use that bullshit.

I wonder what Arthur is doing now...

Soon my thoughts left me and stomach grumble was the only thing that greeted me.

Ugh, should I just go and get some food? Now I look at them with mana-enchanted eyes they were looking at me with... Disgusted eyes?

I shouldn't have bathed in blood... I am sure that if Arthur was here instead of me they would gladly accept him.

The thoughts were driving me crazy. Anyways I looked at the particles flying around the sky.

I rummaged through the bag I had taken from the cave I hoped to find a bone arrow but I remembered that I used it.

I scraped that plan and scratched my head. The second plan was absorbing aether but no, it was bouncing back when touched my body. Maybe it is because of mana in my body but... What about this bone spear? Can I make aether coat the bone spear?

I watched the aether particles closely. First I swung my spear at these little particles. But they dodged my swings multiple times.

Force isn't the answer. I pulled out two aether crystals I took from the cave. Instead of absorbing them, I crushed them on a spear, and multiple aether particles started coating my bone spear the light around it getting more strong.

Feeling satisfied I put on my bag and gripped my spear.

...

I saw the others getting up too, the camps they built were now nowhere to be seen.

They started running towards the red orb and I also started following them.

The blood-red sky came back and the white demons started appearing from the ground but this time with more limbs and sharper bigger bodies.

I readied my bone sword at the white demon trying to rise under me.

Why is everyone looking at me?

Thank you for reading  :)))))