Start

Luke POV

"Seth, report back to General Varay. She’ll be in charge of the battle," Bairon ordered, gesturing the soldier away.

He turned to me and we locked gazes for a second before he nodded, saying to me, "The rest of us will head straight to the Castle."

Arthur and I nodded and started going at the full speed. Others were also trailing us.

Whatever that black and red flame is, it is going to be hard. Maybe a retainer or even a scythe broke into the castle.

If so, I don't think I can fight with my full power. Still, I have to make 'that' ready in case.

We reached the castle before Bairon and the others. We split in two and started searching for survivors or most important, Arthur's family.

I and Noe went for the floors below. Everything was in dust and crumbles. The smell of iron hit my nose. I looked at where it came from and found a little blood pond near the rubble. When I looked directly I saw a feminine hand through the rubble.

A sudden rush of panic went up in my stomach. But when I saw scattered pieces of metal I felt relieved. But to be sure we started removing the rumble. And I was true. She was a guard.

We stopped looking at the corpse of the fallen guard and tried to search for more survivors.

After searching for several floors, Noe and I came across signs of a large battle. Intricate spears of stone jutted from the floor and walls while earthen golems lay scattered on the ground like petrified knights.

I instinctively turned around and was ready to summon my sword but he was Arthur so took a deep breath.

"Man, I was ready to throw my sword."

"Did you find someone," He asked while scanning the area. "I have new info about our enemy."

"What is it-" He suddenly cut what I was saying and rushed to where the golems scattered.

"Elder Buhnd!" I exclaimed. I fashioned the ground beneath him into a chair, sitting him up so he didn't choke on his own blood.

Arthur turned to his bond. “Sylv!”

"On it." His bond hunched down, laying her hands on the dwarf's chest. A soft light emitted from her palms, absorbing through the dwarf’s clothes and skin.

Arthur POV

“Arth…ur?” His eyes opened but shut back after a few seconds.

“Yes! It’s Arthur. What happened? Who did this to you?”

He let out a pained groan. “You gotta… get out of here, kid.”

“Don’t spout heroic crap like that, Buhnd!” I snapped impatiently. “Tell me the situation. I need to know what we’re going up against.”

Buhnd, tugged on my mantle, pulling me close. “Listen. The Castle, the Council—it’s finished. If you want to do something for Dicathen, you do so by staying alive .”

“Okay, okay. I’ll be careful, but to do that, I need to know what happened. Was it a retainer? A scythe? What sort of magic was used to put you in this state?”

Feeling the strength in Buhnd’s hand loosening, I turned to my bond.

“Sylvie, what’s happening? Why isn’t he getting better?”