Revenge

Before Claire could even say a word, the two of them rushed down and embraced their former leader.

“It’s nice seeing you both, too,” Claire puffed, struggling to breathe.

Prince Curtis released Claire, his expression still a mixture of worry and anger. “Do you know how worried all of us were? You being here means you’re okay, right?”

“What happened?” Kathyln added.

I took a seat and watched the four of them catch up. Claire told Curtis, Kathyln, and Tessia the same story she’d told me. I could see their faces darkened. It was really sad for Claire. Devoting yourself to fighting but in the end, you can't fight.

Just like me, Curtis froze, unable to form a response after Claire revealed her inability to manipulate mana. However, to my surprise, Kathyln spoke up.

“You’re very strong,” she responded.

She lifted her watery gaze and locked eyes with our former leader. “I think that being able to overcome such a huge obstacle and move forward with a smile says much more about you than the color of a mana core ever will.”

Tears began rolling down her cheeks. “Huh?”

Surprised at her state, Claire hurriedly wiped them away with her palms but the tears refused to stop. “I can’t believe I’m crying now.”

Claire’s sniffles soon turned to chuckles as she laughed at her state. “Look at me. I was barely presentable before, and now I’m a teary, snotty mess!”

“Who are you trying to be presentable for?” Tessia teased, eliciting a laugh out from the three of them.'Or, is it for...' Her eyes shifted to me and shifted to Claire again.

Claire blushed a little and after chuckled a little.'Guys, don't you recognize who he is?'Their eyes shifted to me.

At the same time, Noe came with food from the table in a turtle mana beast form because of transporting food. And she came with the best-prepared foods from the hall.

''Amazing!'' I told her telepathically she let out a soft happy roar.

'He is Luke!'She told them and their jaw opened from shock.

'Luke?!' They still couldn't believe their eyes.

I took all the food from her shell and put it on the table. I patted her and gave her beast core as she munched on it.

'Yep, I am the Luke who was supposed to die 2 years ago.'I looked at them while smiling. The scent of food is driving me hungry.

'But council told everyone that you were dead! Even master Goodsky was blaming herself for your death! She tells herself that someone is not going to forgive her.' Tessia was so shocked I couldn't even understand some of the words.

'It was hard, accepting the deaths of our members, not our friends.' I could feel trembling in his voice.

'It is good to see you...' Princess mumbled to herself but I could hear that as well as her weak smile.

'The good part is, I'm in one piece right?'I started digging into the food. Oh, this is good!

Ting

Safety comes first!

Description: There are 2 scythes and 2 retainers in Dicathen.

Quest Objective: Kill at least 1 Vritra blooded Alacyran.

Reward:???

Penalty:-3 levels

Time limit:24 hours