Chapter Eighty. Gray Clouds And Indigo Skies

Warnings: major character death, swearing, mental breakdown, etc.

The first spring morning of the year found Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook looking all around the house for Namjoon.

It was supposed to be just another normal day, and they even decided to talk things out with Namjoon in attempt to make things all right before breakfast. However, when Namjoon didn't emerge from his bedroom for a very long time, they went to his room, only to find it empty of it's occupant.

Everything was in place. Jin's clothes and jewelry, that Namjoon stored away so carefully, were kept neatly inside the closet and on the dressing table respectively. Koya and RJ were sat on the table as usual, and the only things that weren't in place were Jin's diary and necklace with the moon pendant, lying on top of the bed.

The locket that Namjoon gave Jin for his birthday was missing along with the broken-hearted male.

The other five scattered all around the house in search of Namjoon. In every room, every balcony... up the stairs. They climbed up every floor and checked every room, both the ones kept clean all the time and the ones that'd gathered dust of years from not being entered for a long time.

Still, they didn't find Namjoon. When Taehyung suggested that they should check the rooftop, all of the others agreed, and they ran up to the top floor together.

They knew that Namjoon was there for sure, probably angry with all of them. There were so many ways to make up, though, right?

As soon as they pushed open the door to the rooftop, the five young men were greeted by the breathtaking smell of freshly bloomed flowers, all different scents of them travelling to them with the soft gentle breeze that swept over them, kissing their warm and flushed skin from running around and cooling them, their hair flying back because of the wind that was blowing. The sky was indigo, any hint of the thin gray clouds that were there even a week ago was gone.

"Spring day's here!" Jimin said in surprise, but a soft smile crept to his lips.

Yoongi's blossoms hadn't grown this beautiful and fresh in years. This was the first time they'd bloomed this much, or smelled so pleasant and sweet that their fragrance lingered in the atmosphere of the whole house.

"We've been so busy fighting so much recently that we didn't even realize till now," Jungkook laughed quietly, his onyx eyes sparkling as he looked around at the beauty of spring.

"Let's just break Joon hyung's anger any way we can and drag his ass here," Taehyung suggested, smiling too. "It's been ages we'd taken a nice cheesy group photo."

"Come on, then," Hoseok urged with a bright expression, and he stepped into the open rooftop, the others following. "What are we waiting for?"

"That's why Joon wasn't in his room," Yoongi said quietly, admiring his surroundings. "Who'd stay inside in a weather like this?"

Everyone's clothes flapped against their body in the wind, and they all smiled at the indigo sky, so bright and clear. Winter was finally gone. The long cold nights and the dark gloomy days were gone.

Jimin thought how similar the morning was to the one last year, the very day Jin sacrificed himself for him, and he felt respect and a little pain surge through his chest as he looked at the blue, blue sky. Wherever you are, I hope you're happy and in peace right now, Jin hyung. Saranghae.

"Namjoon?!" Yoongi terrified scream ripped through the air, putting an end to the beautiful moment.

Everyone looked around to see Yoongi kneeling down on the ground and shaking Namjoon's resting figure leaning against the wall. The maknaes froze, their hearts beating so fast it hurt, and stared at their hyungs, while Hoseok slowly stepped forward to kneel down next to Yoongi, feeling shocked and numb when he realized what'd happened.