Chapter Sixty. Craving Your Touch

Warnings: swearing, mention of attempted murder, etc.

After Ms Soojin had texted Mr Kim to tell him that she'd like to go on a date with him that same night, Jin helped her get ready, applying only light make-up since her features were still very glowing and youthful for her age, and he let her dark silky hair down, making her look much younger.

A few minutes were still left before Mr Kim came, and Namjoon was still not back yet, so the mother and son duo waited, the latter more excited though he wasn't the one going on a date, and the woman gave up trying to calm him down and wondered if it was the sugar that'd boosted energy into his still delicate body.

Jin was ranting about how he wanted to know all the details about the date once his mother was back, while she listened to him patiently, trying not to feel too nervous, when the door was opened loudly, Namjoon and Mr Kim entering and shutting the door behind them.

"Joonie!" Jin said happily as he held out his arms, as if he'd not seen him for ages, despite the fact that he was gone for only forty minutes.

Namjoon was wearing a sweater similar to Jin's, which looked good with his mint hair in a strange way, and he was carrying a large purple paper bag, smiling widely with his dimples in display as he walked towards Jin, placing the bag on top of the cabinet on his way.

"Hey, angel," he said once he reached the bed, climbing onto it while he wrapped his arms around Jin's shoulders and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "What have you been up to, hmm?"

"Oh, nothing." Jin smiled widely as he leaned up to peck Namjoon's lips. "Just talking to eomma about the date."

"Date?" Namjoon's eyes become big like saucers as he snapped his head around to look at his uncle. "Samchon, you're really taking eomma on a date?!"

"Well, yeah," Mr Kim smiled, offering Ms Soojin his hand. "You look beautiful, Soojin-ssi."

"I know," the woman smiled back at him genuinely for the first time as she accepted the man's hand. "Thank you, though."

"Ooohhh." Namjoon looked at the two adults as they entwined their hands. "Have a great time, I guess. Have fun."

"Don't have too much fun while we're away, though," Mr Kim snickers at the younger couple, who blushed but said nothing.

"Yes, don't get too frisky, whatever you two do," Ms Soojin added as she looked between the two boys. "Jin hasn't recovered fully yet, and knowing Joon, you might break him-"

"EOMMA!" The two yelled in embarrassment and indignance, but the adults were already walking away.

"Take care, boys." Ms Soojin said before she closed the door after her and Mr Kim.

"Eomma, are you returning tonight?" Jin called.

"Hmm." His mother thought for a while before shaking her head. "No. I don't have any wish to third-wheel. Besides, don't you two want to spend some time alone? It'd been a while, hadn't it?"

"Well, I guess so," Namjoon said as he reached to hold Jin's hand on the bed. "Goodbye, eomma, samchon."

"Goodbye, boys. I'll see you tomorrow."

Ms Soojin smiled for the last time before shutting the door close, leaving Jin and Namjoon all alone in the hospital room. The two said nothing for a while, but when their eyes met, both started giggling uncontrollably.

"Go lock the door!" Jin said while stiffling his excited laughs with a hand as he pushed Namjoon off of the bed and started putting away his chocolate box.