Chapter Twenty-Three. You Never Walk Alone

Warnings: swearing, mental breakdown, etc.

"If that's what you think... I'll try not to blame myself anymore," Jin said in a broken whisper, smiling hopefully. "I'll try to accept that I did my best. Fighting."

Namjoon chuckled, taking a tissue from the box on the table beside them and using it to wipe Jin's tears away. "Yeah, fighting."

He lightly punched a fist in midair, making Jin let out a shaky giggle. "Hmm."

"Another thing," Namjoon paused, taking his hands in his, holding them up. "I'll never judge you, so never hesitate to share anything with me if you have to. You have my back."

"I'll try," Jin whispered, blushing at the other's sweet gesture.

"And you have us too, hyung," a familiar third voice spoke up, startling Namjoon and Jin as they looked up with wide eyes at hearing Jungkook's voice.

Jin's heart clenched with fear when he saw Jungkook, Taehyung, Jimin, Hoseok and Yoongi standing at the kitchen door, the maknae line having their arms crossed and a look of seriousness on their faces, Hoseok and Yoongi having their hands in their pockets, holding similar expressions.

Jin wasn't at all ready to have everything he said to Namjoon overheard by the others. Insecurity and terror kicking in, he clung to Namjoon, as if hoping that he'd protect him if the others were livid and hated him after learning the truth.

"H-hi, guys," he stammered, forcing a smile. "When did you come in?"

"Moments ago," Jimin said, his usually bright eyes unreadable.

"But that doesn't explain why you'd been hiding so many secrets from us," Hoseok added. "I thought we agreed on sharing everything with each other, hyung?"

"Don't be hard on him," Namjoon spoke up harshly, pulling Jin close, as if he was shielding him from the others. "He had his reasons, Hobi hyung."

"We always spoke up about anything that put a weight on our chests," Jungkook spat. "We confided in him without worrying that he'd judge us. And he thought that we'd judge him?"

"I-I'm s-so s-s-sorry," Jin abruptly broke into sobs again, bringing his hands to his already red face. "Pl-please don't h-hate me. I'm so s-sorry, guys-"

Namjoon hugged Jin, who couldn't form anymore words as he cried uncontrollably, close, glaring at the others, but before he could yell at them for being so mean, they quickly walked over with guilt on their faces.

Of course they'd been angry about oldest keeping so many secrets from them, but now, seeing him cry for the first time in their lives made them realize how selfless Jin had been not saying anything that'd worry them, because he cared about them so much.

It would be cruel to not forgive him when he needed to let out all the pent up emotions for once. He'd always done that for them. Wouldn't it be selfish to not support Jin when he needed help too?

"Hyung~ please don't cry," Taehyung said sweetly, as all of them crowded around the oldest.

"Yeah, we're sorry," Hoseok said, feeling extremely guilty. "We can never hate you."

"We understand that you had your reasons," Yoongi added. "We'll never judge you for that."

"It's okay, hyung," Jimin said with a sad smile, rubbing the crying male's back. "Now, stop and look at us. Come on? Just a bit."

But Jin was too embarrassed and ashamed of breaking down in front of his dongsaengs like this, and he buried his face deeper in Namjoon's chest to avoid showing his face.