Chapter Forty- Two. Just Between Us

Warnings: homophobia, violent behavior, etc.

"Finally! I was waiting all day to get away from those lovebirds!"

Yoongi huffed, watching Jin and Namjoon near the entrance of the school campus, talking and laughing with seven other guys, while holding hands with Jimin.

Since the kiss the couple shared in the lockers' area in front of everyone, word that the long-awaited pair had finally started going out had spread all over the school. The boys had to deal with well-wishers coming to congratulate Namjoon and Jin the whole day all over the place, in the halls, classes, and many others who came by at their table during lunchbreak prevented the seven from having a peaceful time.

Yoongi specially hated it. Not when people were coming over, but all the fuss they made.

And the ones who weren't happy about the news were another story. A few girls who couldn't just accept the fact that 'their oppas' were gay and that they could be a better dating option, and the few homophobic guys who kept calling them disgusting.

Though all of them managed to stay calm and indifferent, Jungkook might or might not have nearly punched a guy in the face, hadn't Hoseok stopped him. The youngest wouldn't stand any kind of crap from people who tried to harrass his hyungs.

Though Yoongi remained cool, by the end of the day, he was quite annoyed by the well-wishers still dropping by, squealing about happy they were. As if there weren't anyone else who was happy!

Now, while Yoongi, Jimin, Jin and Namjoon were hanging out outside the building and waiting for the other three, after a few girls from Jungkook's years had made sure to congratulate Jin and Namjoon and left, Jackson had dragged the two away to meet with his group, leaving the other couple alone for the first time that day.

When Yoongi said how relieved he was that Jin and Namjoon finally left, Jimin smacked his arm playfully and rolled his eyes, smiling afterwards. He knew the older was just joking.

"Don't be so petty, hyung," he said, grinning as he watched with happiness at how openly Jin and Namjoon expressed their affection for one another with their eyes and smiles, holding hands. "They're happy after like sooo long. Let them be."

"If you say so," Yoongi hummed, letting go of Jimin's hand to wrap it around his shoulders and pull him close, pecking the younger's forehead. "Thank goodness we're dating now. Remembering what we went through after people found out about us gives me nightmares."

"C'mon, it wasn't that bad," Jimin huffed, pouting as looked he around at him. "Don't you like how everyone gives you so much support?"

"Well... nah." Yoongi rested his head on top of his boyfriend's, closing his eyes. "They don't have to fucking come annoy us when we could spend time alone to show us support. I don't like it."

"Such an introvert." Jimin grinned.

Yoongi scoffed with his face in the other's fluffy peach-colored hair. "And you're a fucking extrovert."

"You say it like it's something really bad," the younger said with a 'hmph', cheeks puffing out.

"Well, you're the one who started mocking me first," Yoongi mumbled matter-of-factly.

"Whatever, whatever. Should we go get Tae, Jungkook and Hobi hyung while those two are at it?"

"Now you're changing the subject." Yoongi smirked, but added nevertheless before the other could answer him, "Yeah, let's go check on-"