Chapter Twenty-Two. Your Beautiful Heart

Warnings: swearing, mental and physical abuse, mention of suicide attempts, drinking, etc.

The house was so eerily quiet without the other boys, but he liked the silence for once as he was alone with Namjoon.

After showering and putting on the sweatpants again, Jin came out of the bathroom, making sure his bare upper body was covered up with a towel. He didn't mind coming out shirtless but he didn't want to risk it in case Namjoon was in his room. The younger made him extremely shy.

When he found that he wasn't there, he quickly let the towel slip and stole one of Namjoon's sweaters to wear. Their friendship had come to the point where they borrowed each other's stuff without asking and barged into each other's house without knocking or informing earlier.

Namjoon had been reading a book in the kitchen while waiting for Jin, and he finally looked up when he heard the sound of slippers.

His jaw dropped when he saw the handsome male, looking really small in his oversized yellow sweater. The neckline was too big and his collarbones were exposed. His hair was wet and stuck to his face.

Jin always managed to take his breath away no matter what he wore.

Namjoon finally snapped out of his 'gaydreaming' and looked away, clearing his throat, when Jin smiled shyly at him, fiddling with his sweater paws. He was scared of getting a nosebleed.

"Hi," Jin said quietly, walking over to the table to plop down on a chair across him, setting his phone down on the kitchen table.

"Hey," Namjoon said, glad of being able to hide his awkwardness. "How's your head?"

"Much better," Jin hummed, reaching out to take a fork and twirling it between his fingers aimlessly. "I can actually cook breakfast without your help."

"Lunch, you mean," Namjoon snickered, showing him the time on his phone.

It said '13: 10'.

Jin blinked once and just shrugged. "Brunch it is, then," he said with a grin.

"So... I don't have to help, right?" Namjoon asked with a hopeful look. He could do anything but help.

"Sadly," Jin said, before getting up and stretching out to get rid of stiffness.

Namjoon quickly looked away, shaking his head as he tried to forget seeing a strip of bare, porcelain skin peeking out from under the sweater as Jin stretched his arms out, unconscious that the other was looking at him.

"You can go do your thing while I cook with whatever we have," Jin told him as he grabbed a white apron and put it on.

"It's okay," Namjoon replied, leaning back on his chair and putting one leg over another. "I'll just watch and talk with the beauty while I have the chance."

Jin blushed, even while he rolled his eyes at the other. "You and your flirting. Aish... I could never."

He turned his back on him as he concentrated on getting their lunch ready, while the younger went back to reading his book, but watching Jin most of the time and smiling at him. He couldn't help it. Jin's presence really made him ecstatic.

Specially when he cooked food for him while he worked in the kitchen. It was such a domestic moment, and Namjoon enjoyed it.

"Are the boys coming here for lunch?" Jin asked, cutting up some carrots.

"I don't know," Namjoon answered, putting down his book and taking out his phone. "I'll text them and ask."

Jin simply hummed in response.