Chapter Thirty- Five. The Love Triangle

Warnings: Matured language, etc.

"Joon! RM sent me things again!"

Jin left Namjoon's side to run to the doorstep, kneeling down on the ground to eagerly pick up the objects put neatly on top of the carpet with his face brightened by a pure happy smile, after he'd put down his bags beside himself.

Namjoon bit back a smile at the other's excitement as he walked up, putting the other bags down on the carpet and squatting down beside the dark-haired male to watch as he read the card RM had given Jin, golden cursive letters printed on the scented pink paper.

Happy two-months-and-ten-days-versary of me showering you with love, sweetheart! I'm not sure if that's even a word but I don't care, honestly. The only thing or person I care about is you <3

Jin gave a soft and shy but pleased giggle at this, and the sound had Namjoon melting. He was so precious.

However, to avoid suspicion, he maintained a cool distant voice as he spoke. "Ooh, I didn't know you and that RM were dating," he joked.

Jin colored up at this, and he gave an awkward laugh. "Of course not, silly! I haven't even seen them." There was a hint of disappointment as his bottom lip jutted out.

"But you'd definitely date him if he asked you out, wouldn't you?" Namjoon asked, trying not to sound too interested.

"Wait, how do you know RM's a guy?" Jin said with a curious frown as he turned to look up at the taller, not answering him.

"Isn't it obvious?" Namjoon's face remained emotionless as he shrugged, but the older couldn't help but notice that he looked distinctly uneasy. "RM seems to know everything about you. Your favorite things and food and stuff like that. So he must know you're gay."

"Touche," Jin agreed with a shy smile, fingers fiddling with the handles of the goody bag next to a bunch of roses of all colors.

"You didn't answer the question, though," Namjoon pointed out, admiring how beautiful Jin looked in the moonlight, holding the roses under his delicately shaped nose and sniffing, taking in their sweet scent, eyes closed and pink lips curled upwards.

Jin stopped sniffing the flowers as he recalled Namjoon's question, opening his eyes as they now held an expression of guilt, looking at the younger hesitantly.

"I don't know if I'd date RM, Joon-ah," he said quietly.

"Why not?" Namjoon tried not to look too suspicious. "Don't you like him or something? Is he creepy or something?"

"It's nothing like that," Jin said, his tone still soft but defensive now. "Actually I think I really love RM. But... but-" Jin paused, looking into the purple-haired male's eyes helplessly.

"But what?" Namjoon asked in a low encouraging voice, reaching over to take his hand in his own, his eyes gentle and patient as always.

Jin took a deep breath to stay calm, mentally telling himself to trust Namjoon. He was one of his best friends and knew everything about him inside and out. And he'd never judged him. He could tell him anything freely without censoring a single information.