Chapter Fifty- Eight. Beautiful

Warnings: swearing, mention of domestic abuse, blood and trauma, etc.

Everyone looked at Jin now, startled but not surprised that he'd called his father by his name. Well, they did all agree that that heartless bastard didn't deserve such a respectful title.

When Jin asked her the question, Ms Soojin was taken aback at first, but then she spoke. "Oh, yes. I meant to tell you moments ago... you don't have to worry about that bastard anymore. He... he'll be behind the bars for a very long time."

Jin nodded, but said nothing else as he looked at his mother, sitting there and appearing tall and fearless. He couldn't help but admire her. She looked like she was finally able to move on from her abusive marriage and enjoy life to the full extent. She looked satisfied and happy with her life, and maybe that was why she looked so healthy and young.

Maybe he could... He could be just like her one day, moving past the trauma he'd suffered from since his father came home drunken with a woman for the first time, and abused his mother right in front of him, not even caring to wipe away a single tear she shed because of him. It was quite traumatic for a child to be witnessing this kind of an incident.

Jin was glad that that pathetic excuse of a father had finally gone from his life, but he still felt pain, and there was nothing that could stop it. Even though he'd stopped loving him and vice versa, they still had a bond that nothing could break. The bond between them made by nature, the one between a father and child. It still hurt to think his father never truly loved him.

All Jin wondered now was how he could go back living in that old house he'd been doing so since birth, with all the bad memories still fresh in his mind.

Every time he thought of that house, he could still remember his mother's painful screams while his father tortured her mercilessly, the sobs in the next room that kept him up all night as he curled up in his own bed, feeling useless because he couldn't protect his own mother. He remembered going through the same torture. All the blood. All the pain. All the tears.

He couldn't... He couldn't go back there. He'd rather live at an alleyway without a roof over his head than go back there.

"Eomma... once I get well, are you gonna take me out of Bangtan with you?" He asked nervously, the fear of being distant from Namjoon still fresh in his mind.

"I'm not going anywhere, dear," Ms Soojin said with a reassuring smile. "I'm going to look around for an apartment near to Namjoon's today."

"That means you're transferring here?!" Jin looked like an excited child as his eyes widened with hope.

"Yes, and you're moving in directly with Namjoon once you get discharged, and I'll make sure I get a place somewhere near my baby."

Jin looked up at his boyfriend, now smiling with glossy eyes as he hugged him around the neck, the latter reciprocating to the sudden affectionate gesture happily, tightening his grip around the smaller male's much thinner waist, his nose brushing his shoulder as he rested his head against him.

"Ready to finally move in with me and the others, baby?" He asked with a dimpled smile and Jin pulled back a little to look at him, nodding as he let out a quiet laugh that rather sounded like a sniffle.

"Yes, Joonie... I'd love to move in with you. I... I can't think of living a moment without you anymore."

"That's good." Namjoon hummed as he kissed his cheek softly. "Because that's how I feel as well."