Chapter Forty- Four. Every Moment Together

Warnings: swearing, mention of past abuse, homophobia, etc.

Namjoon sat beside Jin on his bed the whole time the latter talked with his mother on the phone, cuddling close to each other, since Jin didn't mind Namjoon listening to him while he talked.

On the other hand, the younger enjoyed the large smile and lively expression on his boyfriend's face the whole time he chatted with his mother.

Jin was so happy to have his mother to talk to, and that was enough for Namjoon to figure out that despite how bad Jin's father treated him, he still had an extremely loving mother, who always caught up with her son and sent him money monthly though she couldn't live with him anymore.

Jin told his mother about everything going on in his life. All the previous months, he'd complained to his mother about his new friend, Namjoon, about being really annoying, but tonight, he finally told her how much he actually loved him, how happy he was with him, and that they were now going out.

Namjoon smiled at seeing how Jin's eyes danced as he glanced up at him with a shy smile when he mentioned him to his eomma, and the younger couldn't help but smooch his cheek and make him giggle abruptly, pushing him away by his face with his hand.

"Sorry, Eomma, that was Joonie," Jin said to his mother when she asked if he was all right. "He gets a bit too affectionate sometimes, you know?"

Namjoon smirked as he kissed him again, Jin not protesting this time as he snuggled up closer to him, head against his neck as he held his phone to his ear, resuming his conversation about Namjoon with his eomma.

She made the questions a typical mother would to make sure her child was completely fine with the person they were dating. She must've probably been worried that Namjoon was some kind of rich playboy who was eventually going to hurt Jin when she heard who was Namjoon's samchon, because the dark-haired started talking defensively, telling her about all the things the grapehead had done for him, minus that he'd taken care of him when his father beat him up.

Jin had been hiding the incidents of his father's torture from his eomma, because he didn't want to worry her now that she was finally happy after the end of her abusive marriage. Namjoon didn't like the matter at all, but he didn't want to pressurize Jin.

As he listened to him defending him, Namjoon's grip around his boyfriend grew tighter as he mentally made a resolution to give Jin time till graduation.

And then, he'd convince him into moving away to where his sperm donor couldn't ever find him again, have a conversation about the matter with Jin's mother, and then make sure that bastard who didn't cherish his son suffered in the smelliest and tiniest cell in jail. He was capable of that, having the richest CEO of Bangtan as an uncle.

Namjoon hated how Jin's smile faltered and his face grew pale at one point of the call, and he knew that his mother had brought up about his father.

"Yeah, appa's okay... I guess. He isn't in the house right now, but he's really nice to me." Jin lied through his teeth, nervously playing with Namjoon's fingers. "Yes, I'm sure, Eomma," he added firmly, but the sadness in his eyes remained. "Don't worry about me. We're okay."

Namjoon sighed as he pressed a sweet kiss on Jin's forehead to help him not feel guilty about lying to his mother, silently assuring him that it was completely fine with his eyes when their gazes met. Jin gave him a thankful smile as he continued to talk.

"No... I didn't tell appa yet. I'm still nervous about coming out to him. But don't worry, I know he'll be proud of me no matter what I am."

That was the biggest lie he'd ever said, and his heart ached as Jin remembered how his father hated him and called him a faggot, and would be livid if he ever told him he was gay for real. Livid was an understatement. Jin knew he didn't have any chance to live if the man ever found out that what he was so digusted of was what his son was. That was being homosexual.

Jin had come across homophobic people now and then, and they weren't worth anybody's time, but knowing that your father would never accept you for who you are was indescribably painful, even if your relationship with him had turned into a mess that could never be fixed.

Namjoon was such a support to Jin. The love dripping like honey from his eyes, his gentle kisses and his strong hand squeezing his fragile one never failed to comfort him.

Namjoon was like a dream to him too, where he was a million times handsomer and stronger and smarter than those fairytale princes. He was the best thing that'd ever happened to Jin.

"Okay, Eomma. I'll talk to you later, then? I've got a date with Joonie... yeah, I'll tell you everything! Don't fuss. Hmm... all right. Bye, Eomma. Saranghae!"

As soon as the call ended, Jin tossed it across the bed and buried his face in Namjoon's toned chest with an annoyed 'hmph'. The latter smiled softly as he felt sad for him too, and he hoped it soothed the older when he gave him an affectionate head rub.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asked gently.

Jin looked up at him with the biggest pout, and who the fuck could resist those red plump lips jutting out right in front of them? Namjoon definitely couldn't, so he leaned in to peck them several times till the pout had gone away.

Jin broke into giggles, pushing him away by the collar before looking up at him with a happy smile. Being with Namjoon made him forget every bad thing that'd ever happened to him. He was like a new fresh chapter of his life, with all the previous ones lost or burned till no trace of them was left.

To make sure Jin didn't even get another chance to think about feeling guilty for lying to his mother like that, Namjoon decided to change the subject, though they weren't talking about anything.

"Hey, hyung?" He said quietly, looking down at the beautiful smiling angel in his arms in awe.

Jin cocked his head to one side, his smile not dropping this time. "Yes, Namjoon-ah?"

"Have you ever thought of getting married?"

The strightforward question had Jin thinking for a while. Well, he'd always seen himself being single all his life because his standard in a partner was too high according to the others. But seriously, was a guy who'd treat you like the ruler of the world too much to ask for?

Even while he'd been crushing on Chanyeol, he'd never actually dreamt of getting married to him someday. Namjoon made him dream of new things. He found himself wanting many things he'd never thought of before.

He wanted to marry Namjoon someday, live together and have beautiful kids who'd be their own mini versions. Jin wanted to grow old with Namjoon, and sit together reminiscing their past while they watched their grandkids run around.

So, he sat up on his knees, straddling Namjoon as he continued to smile so much that his eyes closed, his long eyelashes looking more prominent than usual, and gave him an honest answer with his nose brushing the latter's.

"Yeah, I'd love to, if this marriage is with you."

"Of course it's with me!" Namjoon's sudden outburst had both of them breaking into happy giggles, and their lips attached for a short moment as a sweet lingering kiss.

They got off the bed afterwards and went to start their date, and the rest of the night was spent by them feeding each other popcorn or stealing them as they cuddled under blankets in front of Namjoon's laptop, where they watched a rom-com, though not much.

They were too busy bickering about whose favorite character was better than the other, till they got too tired and went to bed to cuddle and sleep.

It might not seem that special for a first date, but this was exactly the way they'd wanted it to be. Every moment they spent with one another was precious to each of them.

°°°♡ °°°

Words: 1405