Chapter Fifty- One. Stay Alive

Warnings: mention of blood, physical and mental pain, unconsciousness, etc.

Namjoon was running as if his life depended on it. And it did.

Jin was his life. His reason of existence. His life was nothing but an empty void without him. Without Jin's beautiful smile and voice, his love and affection, Namjoon's life was colorless with no meaning.

Just like his life had been before he first saw Jin. Namjoon had nothing to live for before he crossed paths with this angel; he just did whatever there was before him, without even a blink of an eye. Jin gave him something to fight for, something to actually look forward to.

And now, he was losing him. He couldn't. He couldn't.

Jin was his other half. You can't live with only one half of yourself. Without your other half, you're nothing but incomplete.

Please, Jin, hold on for a moment and wait for me. I'm almost there. Please... Please stay alive.

Namjoon didn't care that he was bare footed or that he only wore a sweater over his other shirt and black shorts as he ran down the street in a very cold winter night as fast as his legs could take him. Nothing could stop him now. Not the looks people down the street were giving him, nor was he even worried about whether or not they thought he'd lost his mind.

All he thought about was saving Jin. Holding him again and seeing those beautiful eyes. He wasn't ever going to give up on him.

The icy concrete under his rushing feet, or nearly crashing with a car or two as he crossed the street, or whatever the sharp object was that pierced his feet, or how his calves burned from running so hard- nothing could stop him now. The freezing wind that hit against Namjoon's bare skin was nothing.

The pain of the cut of his foot was killing him already, but nothing was as painful as the fear of losing Jin. Namjoon would sever both of his legs off his body if he'd to right now, only if that could reduce the pain his love was probably going through right then. He'd do anything for him.

Please stay alive. Please. Hold in there for me, Jinnie. I'm almost here.

Namjoon finally reached the deserted neighborhood of Jin's house. His boyfriend didn't have any neighbors, so he couldn't even call for help. Namjoon was his last hope.

Once the purple-haired male reached the front door of Jin's house, he found it left slightly open to a crack, and not even sparing a second to catch his breath, he rushed inside with his heart pounding against his chest as he looked around the unlighted living room.

"Jin?" Namjoon shouted, his voice cracked from his worst fear, looking around frantically.

He got no response, and was met with death like silence which scared him even more. He ran into the dark hallway and found the light flooding out of the door to the kitchen. Without any second thoughts, Namjoon went in.

A piercing scream left him, followed by chill of complete terror that ran down his spine at the sight before him.

There before him, a tall man with dark hair- Jin's disgusting excuse of a father- was lying prone on the floor, knocked out. There was blood at the edge of the table, splattered on the floor and wall against which lay the slumped figure of... of Namjoon's reason of existence. His other half... Jin.

"JIN!"

Namjoon was on his knees beside Jin's unconscious and bloody figure before the flash of lightening. A heart-wrenching sob escaped the younger as he cradled his love with the utmost care, followed by more broken cries that ended the silence of the room as the purple-haired had Jin lying in his lap with his head against his chest, his blood soaking Namjoon's hands and clothes.

"I-I-I'm s-so s-sorry, baby," Namjoon sobbed painfully as he hugged Jin close to him. "I-I'm so s-sorry f-for being so l-late-"

No words but cries left his lips now as tears streamed down Namjoon's face like waterfalls, his hand shaking as he felt Jin's pulse. It was there, but it was weak. Namjoon was in pure agony both inside and outside as he kissed Jin's bloody forehead and held onto him, never wanting to let go of him ever again.

Jin was completely covered in blood. His hair was soaked in it, and there were blood tracks all down his beautiful face, and Namjoon could see dried tears on Jin's bruised cheeks too. Just thinking about how much pain he must've been in and still was, broke Namjoon because he could do nothing to stop it. Once again.

Blood was trickling from the wounds of his head and with his heart racing with fear because he didn't know what to do, Namjoon took off his sweater so that all he wore was the thin t-shirt underneath, and wrapped it around Jin's head, crying the whole time because he was so terrified of losing Jin.

Before he'd left his house to help Jin without a glance backwards, he'd screamed to Yoongi and Taehyung to call the police and an ambulance, and he knew they'd be here any moment. But he wasn't going to wait for them. What if they arrived too late? Namjoon couldn't have that. Jin was too precious. Too precious for him to lose like this.

Now he held his unconscious and injured angel close to his chest, crying hard as he felt how cold Jin's body was, his arms and legs that were once so delicate and smooth, were covered in bruises and open cuts with blood still trickling out, and his clothes were torn and soaked too. There was a large red spot on Jin's side, and Namjoon knew that there was a deep cut over there.

Crying uncontrollably now, Namjoon was close to having a panic attack, but still, he didn't stop looking for a way to stem the flow of blood from his hyung's body. His hands trembled more than ever as he ripped his own shirt into half and held it over Jin's side.

"S-stay w-with m-me, please," Namjoon barely sounded like a human because of how broken and hoarse his voice was, choking on every word. "D-don't l-l-leave m-me, plea-please! I-I c-can't l-live without yo-you! Please!"

He sobbed, his tears dropping onto Jin's closed eyelids, sliding down and mixing with the unconscious male's own. Even though he wasn't conscious, he still looked in so much pain. Namjoon didn't know what to do. He felt so lost. So hopeless. But he couldn't let Jin go. He could never do that.

"I-I l-l-love you so m-much. J-Jin s-stay w-with m-me. P-p-please...stay a-alive."

Namjoon leaned down and kissed Jin's soft lips while crying, not caring about the metallic taste of blood on them.

He didn't care about anything. He just needed Jin to stay alive.

°°°♡ °°°

Words: 1185

Honestly, there's nothing as scary as the fear of losing someone you love a lot... it's fucking terrible