Chapter Three. Part One. Film Out

Warnings: Death, depression, mental instability, swearing, matured language, etc.

Nobody knew how three months had passed by. Three months since Jin left them on their own, in darkness and trying to grope their way out of it.

Since the day of Jin's death, the other six were utterly lost... they didn't know what to do, not know how they could ever get back to normal with old memories coming back to them all the time, but despite everything... life went on.

Nobody could stop it, though a lot of things happen throughout it...

The first month was hard. They didn't know how the days passed, as they went around doing what they did in the past, the emptiness of Jin's departure lingering behind the whole time.

The house they lived in together was especially empty, silent and lifeless despite it's six occupants. The rooms were dark, lacking the laughter and happiness that lingered in the air even a month ago, and they were in the same condition as the people who lived there, devoid of anything except unmentioned grief.

For the first couple of weeks, they continued to do their usual jobs or work or classes, because they knew that Jin wouldn't have wanted them to neglect their duties if he'd been there with them.

Taehyung and Jungkook, though the youngest, were more determined and more strong-willed than the others.

They did break down when they knew their dear hyung wasn't coming back, but they had each other. They held one another during the most vulnerable moments, when they were threatening to fall. Every time they were at the verge of breaking, they grit their teeth and held their chins up, trying their best to stay under control.

Their hyungs had always been there for them during the hardest time, stood in front of them to protect them from whoever wanted to harm them. And now when they were in a state of falling apart, they knew that it was time for them to return the favor. To stay strong like they'd been for them.

So they tried to stay out of the way and continue their college studies without complaints about getting too much work again, telling themselves that Jin was definitely watching over them and feeling proud of his dongsaengs for working so hard. It was their only comfort.

But they couldn't always hold onto their lives and the cruel reality.

They kept remembering what Jin used to do in the past, when both of them would sit in the living room, doing their huge amount of homework that they'd spread out on the coffee table...

"How are my babies doing?" Jin chirped, beaming down at the two younger males sitting on the carpet on the floor, doing their homework.

He was holding a tray of freshly baked chocolate cookies he just cooled, and the other two's mouths watered just by the very smell, and their hearts warmed at the sight of how beautiful and homey Jin looked with his colourful flowery apron tied to his slim figure and his fluffy white slippers.

His appearance and smile was enough to make them feel safe and protected. Like nothing could harm them while their hyung was with them. And nothing ever did.

But nevertheless, they hid this from Jin, feigning frustration and yelling together, "I'm not a baby!"

Jin chuckled, sitting down on the floor with them and placing the cookies on the coffee table.

"You will always be, in my eyes," he said fondly, reaching out to ruffle Jungkook's hair and pinching Taehyung's cheek. "You've worked hard enough, now you've got to have some snacks."