Chapter Fifty- Nine. Moving On From The Past

It was Christmas evening four days later, and Jin was still stuck in the hospital.

Nothing eventful had happened since he woke up, and the Jeons, the Parks and the Jungs had all visited him, having loved and adored Jin like their own son.

The most unexpected incident that took place since then was that Chanyeol had visited the day after Jin woke up with Baekhyun, looking extremely regretful and upset.

Though Namjoon had bristled and scoffed at him the whole time, Jin had told him that he'd forgiven him a long time ago, and asked the couple if they could hang out sometime and catch up on the much happier times they'd spent before, to which they'd gladly agreed. Though Namjoon wasn't as forgiving, he'd respected Jin's decision without even trying to protest.

The four days had passed by with the boys being there to spend time with him all day since they were on vacation, the maknaes not going back to high school till January, and the older three weren't enrolling for college till June. They only went away for a while to eat lunch or to go home at night to eat dinner and sleep before coming back to join Jin in the morning after breakfast.

Jin had felt very guilty that they'd to spend the beginning of their vacation in a hospital, but the others had assured him that their vacation wouldn't be celebratory if they weren't all together.

Ms Soojin would stay with her son the whole night and morning till the boys arrived, and then she'd leave to take care of some business and would come back during the times the boys had to go.

Mr Kim, though very busy, had visited Jin everyday even if it was for ten minutes or so, also getting updated on the other boys, and definitely flirting with Ms Soojin, who still ignored him, though the boys did catch her smiling sometimes and blushing while she had her back turned to the man. They never said anything about it, though they knew what was going on.

Namjoon stayed with Jin the most, almost the whole day, and ate the disgusting food at the hospital cafeteria so that he didn't have to leave him for lunch. He only left in the evening, while the boys stayed back.

Jin, being vulnerable and clingy, though not as much as he'd been when he woke up, would pout and sulk in a corner when he'd leave, and the boys always  cheered him up by telling him that he only left to get his, Taehyung's and Yoongi's house ready for his arrival once he got discharged.

Sometimes Jin felt really guilty because he felt like a bother, but the others were there to remind him that he'd looked after them without complaining when they were in the same state as him.

But it being Christmas, Jin had begged Namjoon to spend the night with him instead of getting his house ready for him, and the latter obliged, since he'd intended to be with his boyfriend during the Christmas night too.

The boys were there in Jin's hospital room since morning, but this time wearing santa hats and carrying wrapped up gift boxes. Yoongi even brought a small Christmas tree, and the maknaes and Hoseok had spent Christmas Eve decorating it. Namjoon wasn't allowed anywhere close to the tree, and he didn't exactly complain, since he got to cuddle with Jin on the hospital bed and eat crackers while watching the others goof around and enjoy themselves.

All the boys had brought gifts for one another and spent the morning sitting on the bed in a circle, while Ms Soojin recorded the moment of them opening the gifts and laughing or smiling over each of them.

Despite being unable to go anywhere in time to get his dongsaengs anything, Jin's mother brought their gifts for him while they were gone, and he enjoyed wrapping them up and writing some of his infamous dad jokes on little notes with the gift boxes, just to tease the boys.